Kraton First time jumping the EXB!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
So I finally found a sweet spot @jkflow .. was having a blast, even knowing I was beating the rig up a tad!! Started to get use to controlling it in the air and getting that feel for it, kind of like muscle memory.. got a lil ahead of myself and pulled a few cart wheels!!
Prolly should of started slow but after the first 2 or 3 landings I started sending it!! Man what a blast it was ☺ got cut short on the last cartwheel.. and popped a dog bone!!😱 totally worth it!! 💯

20220808_212055.jpg

Take out the red washer on both side's so the dog bone can go more deeper,that's was my problem every time I jump even landing perfection did that and change the shock oil to 60 weight and is a blast now I got a little bit of everything on my Rc bashing cars but even a Xmaxx 1100kv not beat the smiles I get whit the K6,hope that helps

I’d give those shocks a little more pre-load and make sure your droop is good. If I had to guess you were landing under power. That was my main problem when I started doing flips and all that. I took out the red spacers and still had the issue. I ended up buying new A arms and the problem went away even using the red spacers. Granted I have the outcast EXB but it’s the same front end in that aspect.

No, thats one thing I had in the back of my mind.. no throttling in the air.. I started crappy cuz I wasnt giving it any throttle.. was getting a lot of nose drop at first but was going slow enough to flick the front end up before face planting.. I wish I would of got it on go pro.. I think it was the cart wheels!!😲
Thanks for the tips ill def give those a try, pretty sure I read about the washers and other tricks, fuel line too and maybe one other one for dog bones!! Thanks guys!! 😎

And I actually remember wondering about the shock preload when I first got it, guess I had forgotten about them, but I do remember thinking they seemed a little squishy and not much load on them!!

Ps.. don't look at the dirt you know ill clean it!! 🤣

Jumping gets expensive :)
Let's meet up when it's cooler outside. Not doing much driving lately.
You're not lying about this heat. We had three of our rigs out a few weeks ago and it was not very pleasant. I need one of those pop-up tents ;)
I think all three needed repairs by the time we were done. Nothing major, just the cost of sending it I suppose. The KEXB is a blast to jump!

No, thats one thing I had in the back of my mind.. no throttling in the air.. I started crappy cuz I wasnt giving it any throttle..
Throttling/braking in the air is okay. It's gotta be done to correct the car's pitch while airborne. I think what @LicketySplit was trying to get at is that you should be off the throttle when landing. Do all the corrections you need to in air and then back off the throttle before you hit the ground.

Throttling/braking in the air is okay. It's gotta be done to correct the car's pitch while airborne. I think what @LicketySplit was trying to get at is that you should be off the throttle when landing. Do all the corrections you need to in air and then back off the throttle before you hit the ground.
Yea i ment I was hitting the jump and just letting off until it landed.. 😳

What do you guys think would be the easiest way to pop it back in.. just pull the diff? And where is this washer u guys speak of!? 🤯
And nothing crazy like you seasoned vets.. maybe 10 or 12ft high, and clearing it so prolly like 30ft or so.. around 20-25ish mph!! 😁

What caught me the most was lining the damn thing up.. point and aim i guess!! It was basically 2 dried up retention ponds.. one higher than the other.. the best spot to jump was right beside a big concrete channel that ran right down the middle between the 2 so the higher one could drain into lower!! Was a lil sketch

What do you guys think would be the easiest way to pop it back in.. just pull the diff? And where is this washer u guys speak of!? 🤯

I back out the pillow balls and remove the screw from the turnbuckle attached to the hub.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back