First Time Paint Job.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
20220411_000242.jpg

Picsart_22-04-11_17-40-36-156.jpg

Nothing fancy but I trimmed and painted my first body. Jconcepts Warrior body for the wifey typhon. Turned out pretty well if I do say so myself! She wanted pink and I had no clue what I was doing so I just used ps11 4 coats and 2 coats of ps29. She loves the way it turned out, but I definitely want to get a fancier pink finish for her next time. I will probably try Translucent pink + the spazstix metal backer for her next body. I'm doing Translucent red + the spazstix backer for myself.

View attachment 211432
View attachment 211433

Nothing fancy but I trimmed and painted my first body. Jconcepts Warrior body for the wifey typhon. Turned out pretty well if I do say so myself! She wanted pink and I had no clue what I was doing so I just used ps11 4 coats and 2 coats of ps29. She loves the way it turned out, but I definitely want to get a fancier pink finish for her next time. I will probably try Translucent pink + the spazstix metal backer for her next body. I'm doing Translucent red + the spazstix backer for myself.
If she is happy that's all that truly matters. Looks good, especially for a first one.

Dude I don't know if you realized but its pink.....Like pepto pink....:ROFLMAO:

It looks good bro!!

Thanks guys, I'm dying at pepto pink LOL I can't even see anything else now when I look at it omg. :ROFLMAO:

Nice!

View attachment 211432
View attachment 211433

Good grief my step-daughter would love that lol
Very nice work!

Thanks guys! I actually did my 2nd body a few days after this one but sadly it didn't turn out as nice. I'm not sure exactly where I went wrong but I think I put my heat gun too close to the paint/body after the first coat and it kind of messed up the paint in a few places. I also believe I didn't apply enough paint to the earlier coats and thats a mistake I won't make again. I was afraid of being too heavy handed and ended up being too light on the paint :eek::ROFLMAO: I've already beat the body up in some sorta high speed blow overs and I have 2 more ready to be painted.

image005.jpg

image013.jpg

image015.jpg

This was ps37 - ps15 and spazstix silver metallic backer. The color actually came out amazing even though I messed up. These pictures don't really do it justice. Now the wifey wants her noto painted in the same color. :ROFLMAO:

It ok. It gets better. I messed up my C8 Felony body. Paint nozzle was spitting paint, then phone distraction cause a run in paint on one side. Things happen

Moirae you paint like pro. Both are nice great colors, makes the car high visible far away , more easy to controll.

That spaz stix paint is SICK.
WOW

you should paint more bodies.
Nice have something special, self painted. Makes the car more personal, you will also have more respekt to the car when painted it self.
Only good things

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back