Typhon First Typhon 6s V5 “build” {BURGANDY BUILD}

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received and installed the front HR chassis brace !!!!
Changed the center diff fluid to some fresh 50k (don’t hAve anything thicker)
Few more parts on the way !!!
Question.....
Does anyone make a brace that goes from front chassis support to rear chassis support for the typhon ? Similar to the red braces I’ve seen on other Arrma bashers?
Would something like that be helpful with my “driving style” ?
(Shake and Bake)
I thought about fabricating one to see if or how it works !!!
Any thoughts ?
AD7C3AA0-249C-4FED-B7D5-231D375C2F9B.jpeg

The ones on other bashers are tower to tower braces and they sit high enough that I think they would interfere with the Typhon body, no? I suspect a brace to brace um... brace... would not work as it would be too low and won't clear the center diff housing and motor mount.

I highly suggest to stay away from anything GPM and Integy, I made the same mistake and those Suspension mounts are the absolutely worst. They will not hold unless you leave it sitting on the shelf. They will be fine until the first crash i.e small nudge.

The braces and hubs are about the only thing useful from HR, GPM and Integy but it's your money.

I’m glad you said that
The factory front are actually holding up well (for now :) )
I guess I missed or forgot but someone mentioned HR parts having a tighter tolerance than GPM
I didn’t realize they may be completely inferior.
first thing I noticed was the white Delrin I guess bushings ! I was hopeful that was a good thing !
I’ll actually take your word for it
And either order the HR front brace or wait till I blow the factory front end apart and use em for emergency spare and eventually rebuild it all in M2c :)
Thank you
Insert proper Ron Burgandy meme here ..........
:)

The white inserts actually look good but in reality they cause havoc. Any other mount would absorb the force in the actual mount. On this design, the ball pivots and bends the hingepin in the process. It will most likely crack with no spares.
I wouldn't even install them but it will make for good practice! You will replace these very often.

I broke stock mounts after many session (~30 packs), broke the GPM within 2 sessions by just looking at it the wrong way i.e. 1 not 'too bad' landing compared to what I did to stock), had no replacement other than a 2nd GPM set and did the same on the next outing. 2 hingepins bent in the process. I am now on the very costly M2C, but it's worth it if it happens frequently. Voltage hobbies in the back (standard hingepins) and M2C up front.

Suggest to bash around a little on stock and see how often it happens. This is not a 'must do' upgrade.

HR brace - no issue in my Kraton. The screws come loose every other session, just tighten them up but they are solid. Suggest to use loctite or a longer screw with a nut on the other side, hard to do in the front though.

Hitting this snow bank coming from the pavement of course catching some solid air on 6s of course .....
May have got off course at the ramp approach and smoked that electric box in the background upside down from 25 ish feet er so !
78500D51-02E3-4F7B-B3AE-9DA7B0BFE5D8.jpeg
7CF0E8E0-4F70-4886-BA2A-8651C5DDD743.jpeg

entire neighborhood out of power !
(jk) lol
Everyone still has power !!
Broke the shock end on one of the rears!
A6351866-4BD1-4E5C-8CED-E8A895E55D67.jpeg

Dude !!!
that fence is a nightmare!!!!
one of the youngens broke it completely in half with his ruckus!!!!
Like ..... broke it in half !!!
But I found another use for shoegoo!!!
😁😁😁😁
I can actually pull a double backflip with the other aftermarket meats on it in that tight lil spot ....but I blew them off the rim earlier cause I wanted to hit that ramp at 3/4 throttle on concrete!!!!
solid decision :)
Only broke one rear shock mount !
Bent the rear tower a little but seriously messed up the rear wheels !!!!
No video tho !!!
slacking !!!
I will say it’s a tough buggy !!!!

Has anyone else done this ?
I don’t blame this on manufacturer by any means I’m somewhat rough on thee ol Tuphon
HR parts have held up as expected!
However I feel that the company that devised the enclosed diff/a-arm support system i(M2c I think) has it figured out !
They are definitely on my list !
75EB1652-A184-4FDD-8E36-C063D9AEB491.jpeg
BEA4F09B-9D21-4D9D-86B1-1CAE75A97BEC.jpeg
5AE05866-C0E6-4450-B785-602211BFB8FC.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back