Typhon First Typhon 6s V5 “build” {BURGANDY BUILD}

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not worried about the badge .
I’m still new round here ...

..but..but..but...you are making us 'oldtimers' cringe!!

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

Hello Ron, I also purchased a Typhon S6 V5 a couple of months ago and have also been slowly adding parts

I noticed in one of your pictures that your servo arm is hitting your ESC wires
You need to remove the wires from your front center brace and try to wrap them around the front of the ESC and back every time you hook up your batteries (bad location Arrma). You can't run them straight up and back because the wires will hit the body :(

If you order a EXB front center brace the wire clip won't be there (my EXB front center brace finally came in after a 2 month wait)
You will need to flip your top plate for the EXB front center brace, you will also need a larger hex screw which does not come with the brace, most hardware stores will have the hex screw you need

Thank you Willl
I just came back in from beating the tar out of it and seen your post .
At first I thought it was just how I had the wires laying when I took previous pic !
But I just took the body off and sure enuf
It’s rubbing when I turn left .... or rite ? Or
..... either way it’s definitely rubbing
Thank you for noticing that

EEC0A5B9-BB53-4F95-9353-7057C87075CF.jpeg

7A8CD594-44A6-49EF-9C8E-F0D355908442.jpeg

I don’t know how to post videos....
Pics ? It just tells me to attach file but pics only
Anyway I had one of my youngiins do a “sloooow Moooo” vid of some backflips
And it’s crazy how much the chassis flexes when hitting the entirely to steep ramp!!!!!
I snapped some screenshots of the slow mo vid
Best I can do fer now !
if you ain’t first , your last
🤪

Attachments

• C1BC2434-5A91-4067-A96C-E87DDC3A4F67.jpeg
    C1BC2434-5A91-4067-A96C-E87DDC3A4F67.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 833150E6-65D3-43CB-ADEA-C934BA066FEF.jpeg
    833150E6-65D3-43CB-ADEA-C934BA066FEF.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 675FD844-256F-42F1-9C79-B07FA5B4994E.jpeg
    675FD844-256F-42F1-9C79-B07FA5B4994E.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 60
  • 9F63AF75-8BDA-41F3-8276-F5F6EC3C2A81.jpeg
    9F63AF75-8BDA-41F3-8276-F5F6EC3C2A81.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 61
  • E111BE45-0602-4DDF-95DA-5FFC2555B668.jpeg
    E111BE45-0602-4DDF-95DA-5FFC2555B668.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 60
  • E57EA24E-82D9-4153-86E9-A1ED3603DBE1.jpeg
    E57EA24E-82D9-4153-86E9-A1ED3603DBE1.jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
ok so heres the deal!!!
im not real thrilled ........ no ,,,,,,, im not happy at all !!!
i fully admit im rough on the typhon .
when i say rough ,,,,,, i mean i run it on 6s all the time and like to jump stuff .....
isnt that what its for ????
i use quality batteries and charge fully (no fast charge ) and balance each time !
i service the vehicle ...,....
i mean ive changed diff fluids 3 times since i got the silly thing !!!
change and check shock oils ..... i do all the preventive maintenance i know to do because we do drive these things hard !!!!
however !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i took the buggy out last evening cause it started snowing and well who wouldnt !!!!!!!!!!!!
we, the (kids) and I were having a good ol time when .......................................... i lose all comms with the vehicle !!!!
im like WTH it continues to beep as if ive cycled it on . but i havnt touched the on off button it wont steer and sounds as if the servo is bound up .
you can hear it drawing (like steering servo is bound up) when you try to turn via transmitter but you can move the steering by hand very freely . it continues to make the power up beeps constantly over and over again but never moves foward or reverse or steers !!!!!!!!!!!!!
i mean its frickin brand new !!
well basically !!
its less than 2 months old !!!!
i remove the body and its dry inside its not soaked in wet snow or anything .
at first i thought it was the servo arm that @Willl had mentioned rubbing on wire but i had moved that prior to last nights final run , ,,,,
a quick google search shows me there have been others whom had similar issue with their 6s BLX .
money is a relative thing
its not a cheap buggy..... its not crazy expensive ,,,,,, its pricey enuf that all friggin electronics should work for a solid 6 months with zero issues
my only other RC experience has been ECX stuff
i know i know
they said Ron youll never make that Revenge type N buggy drive well....l its trash..... yada yada yada
guess what !!!!!
IT STILL FRICKIN WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
original steering servo from what 8 years ago !!!
still frickin works !!!!
and the "fuze" motor guess what....... it still works too !!!!!!!!!!!!
i may have put it in a ecx circuit :} cause i put the castle 1/8 super mamba mega monster max pro elite version rediculousy powerful pro motor and esc in the revenge type n buggy AND STILL USED THE FACTORY STEERING SERVO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it still runs and ive beat the absolute tar out of that thing like for realz !!!!!!!!!!!!!
but never had issues with the electronics !!!!

IM IN A GLASS HOUSE OF EMOTIONS !!!!!!

anyhoo
rant kinda over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sooooo i guess i contact horizon ?

or just unplug the servo
( im saying that with lots of sarcasm)

Remember when Ron Burgandy throws his burrito out the window striking Jack Black on his (motorbike) causing him to "take a nasty spill"
i wanna kick baxter off the bridge myself !!!!!!!!!!!!

"thats how i roll "

any advice would be appriciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1612093519843.png

Running below 40F is always a risk, plastic gets brittle and snap a lot quicker.
Running in snow with the RC where ESC, motor and bearings will melt snow and create 'water' is a killer as well. High maintenance environment. Blown servo due to water intrusion falls in line if that is what happened, wouldn't be surprised. I'd be on the fence on the warranty claim but I'm sure Horizon would send you another servo.
Anything 'brand new' running in environments that are not meant for it and expectinng a perfect outcome, that is a 'driver expectation adjustment' and not a "its less than 2 months old !!!!"
I understand the frustration and expectation but there is also reality. With great power comes great responsibility.
Many people have reported issues with the stock servo, might have failed on a perfect sunny day. I don't use them and moved to low cost DS servo's (DS3225 or similar) but I avoid anything water like the plague.

When I push the lil orange power button the esc fan runs but I get no beeps !
I’ve let the beeps out of her !!!!
oh boy
Should I try to bind
Running below 40F is always a risk, plastic gets brittle and snap a lot quicker.
Running in snow with the RC where ESC, motor and bearings will melt snow and create 'water' is a killer as well. High maintenance environment. Blown servo due to water intrusion falls in line if that is what happened, wouldn't be surprised. I'd be on the fence on the warranty claim but I'm sure Horizon would send you another servo.
Anything 'brand new' running in environments that are not meant for it and expectinng a perfect outcome, that is a 'driver expectation adjustment' and not a "its less than 2 months old !!!!"
I understand the frustration and expectation but there is also reality. With great power comes great responsibility.
Many people have reported issues with the stock servo, might have failed on a perfect sunny day. I don't use them and moved to low cost DS servo's (DS3225 or similar) but I avoid anything water like the plague.
Understood
It was dry as a bone under the body .
not saying it couldn’t have dried itself up from heat but pretty sure that’s not the case .
We also had 3 other RC vehicles out there... all ECX ....
6 plus year old beaters driven by absolute irresponsible maniacs (kids) that don’t care if something breaks !
Hell they don’t even have the slipper clutch covers on em ! Lol
Let’s just take a look at the box !!!!
image.jpg

Last edited:
I agree
It just seems lil too soon !
I could understand if I “seriously”crashed or something !
This is a 70 plus mph ALL WEATHER 4x4 buggy I guess I just expected to break AArms and plastics long before the factory electronics took a poo !!
Ok
I’ll quit whining now
Uhm...
When I got it I opened the box put batteries in the controller and two 3s in the car and fired it up !
What is this calibrating you speak of ?
manual ?

I agree
It just seems lil too soon !
I could understand if I “seriously”crashed or something !
This is a 70 plus mph ALL WEATHER 4x4 buggy I guess I just expected to break AArms and plastics long before the factory electronics took a poo !!
Ok
I’ll quit whining now
Uhm...
When I got it I opened the box put batteries in the controller and two 3s in the car and fired it up !
What is this calibrating you speak of ?
manual ?

They left it out of the manual, but steering end point setting is critical.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back