First upgrade installed! I really need better tools...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eBay. The price isn't much different, realize that huge difference in price compared to other branded tools such as dynamite is because of the huge quality difference.

eBay. The price isn't much different, realize that huge difference in price compared to other branded tools such as dynamite is because of the huge quality difference.
Ok cool, seen them on Ebay also. Yes I realize they are the Snap On of mechanic tools and you must pay for quality.

Ok cool, seen them on Ebay also. Yes I realize they are the Snap On of mechanic tools and you must pay for quality.
Hehehe... I'm actually not a snapon kind of guy. I won't talk bad because I don't want to get verbally murdered here ??. All of my automotive tools are 70's craftsman and 50-60's Sears.

Hehehe... I'm actually not a snapon kind of guy. I won't talk bad because I don't want to get verbally murdered here ??. All of my automotive tools are 70's craftsman and 50-60's Sears.
Yeah I'm a Craftsman guy myself, had them all my wrenching life. Snap On is good but too overpriced for my taste. Have friends that push tools for a living and own shops that have Snap On.

Yeah I'm a Craftsman guy myself, had them all my wrenching life. Snap On is good but too overpriced for my taste. Have friends that push tools for a living and own shops that have Snap On.
Ah got you. I don't like any modern automotive tools at all though, to me they're all garbage. This guy tried to trade me a new craftsman ratchet for my old rusty one... when I took it out of his hand to get a feel it was like comparing a paper ball (new) to a brick of lead (mine) I instantly handed it back...

Ah got you. I don't like any modern automotive tools at all though, to me they're all garbage. This guy tried to trade me a new craftsman ratchet for my old rusty one... when I took it out of his hand to get a feel it was like comparing a paper ball (new) to a brick of lead (mine) I instantly handed it back...
Yep they don't make them like they used to. You used to be able to warrany a Craftsman ratchet in store and they would give you a new one. Now they break it down in store and replace parts with junk and hand it back to you. Good thing I've had my tools for many years and have held up. I mainly work on my own cars, trucks and bikes and treat my tools well so hardly ever break one. Hope my ratchets holp up!

I use Wera and PB Swiss tools. Never stripped a screw or couldn't get one out with either one of them. Some of the best out there, imho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back