Granite First upgrade parts arrived...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mentolio

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
IMG_3067.JPG IMG_3068.JPG IMG_3069.JPG

I received my AR330535 steel turnbuckles yesterday! These were listed by Tower as "upgrade parts...order pending" for the Mega 4x4. This plus the link end sets I bought when I ordered the Granite, and now I have adjustable turnbuckles and camber links (on the front, anyway. I'll need one more set to do the rear camber links). Now my front wheels are toed-in slightly (instead of being toed-out kinda significantly), with about 1degree of negative camber (tilting in ever so slightly). Big difference? Nope, but it does seem to track a little straighter/better at high speed on pavement than it did before. This in spite of the fact that the steering is a bit sloppy on these kits (even after doing what I could to tighten it up a bit). Anyway, if these really are "upgrade parts," how far behind can the other more important upgrade stuff be?

we been waiting on the upgraded input gear since feb. that's how far arrma is behind that's why i'am selling all my arrma stuff
been waiting to long .

You've waited this long ... parts will be right around the corner. The sad thing is all the folks with backorders placed will deplete stock fast.

So glad to see these adjustable links coming out. I couldn't stand the front wheels pointing outwards. I Jimmy rigged a solution with a Traxxas adjustable camber link with RPM rod ends. The stock Traxxas adjustable camber links were either slightly too short or slightly too long so using the RPM rod ends I was able to create the proper length.
I much would have rather just buy these! Haha.

Does anybody have thoughts/experince about using a Traxxas TSM receiver and transmitter to help solve the sloppy steering? I think I might try this, but it wouldbe nice to know if it solves the sloppy steering issue before spending $100 to $150 for a new receiver/transmitter.

why do u think sloppy sterring is because of a rx and tx?

It's a mechanical issue with the arrma steering parts. I am hoping that the TSM sensor in Traxxas receiver will help the arrma stay straight. It constantly autocorrects while the car is moving.

I am running the Team Associated DVC radio on mine. It has 7 steps for the stability part. I have it on 4 or 5 (forgot). On 2s with it off, it would definitely turn sharper at speed but was more prone to flip. With it on, a wider turning arc at speed and less prone to flip. On 3s, it gets tail happy with it on the 4-5 setting.

I think the slop is all in the linkage. The steering bellcrank setup is sloppy and the tie rods of mine are worn and slide around and off the pivot balls. I believe you can rebuild the bell crank setup using ball bearings instead of the bushings to get rid of some slop. Also might want to try a Kimbrough servo saver.

I actually bought the Kimbrough servo saver yesterday. Should be arriving to me within the week. So, will the Kim123 servor saver will be able to attach to the bell crank on its own, or do I need to use any parts of the stock servo savers arm?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back