Outcast FISHTAIL HEAVEN (outcast, taped rear wheels, turf)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crunchtime

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Vorteks
OFF THE CHART FUN ! A little squirrely.

Inspired by a @Moonstonemike respone to my thread yesterday about drifting with a vendetta, shared video on duct taping all 4 wheels.

Got me thinking.... For the outcast, I wanted to see what would happen with just the back wheels taped. Would it cut back on wheelies? Would it be kinder to the turf?

For those with an outcast or notorius that have thought to themselves, I just want to experience a day where it's not a wheelie monster, here's your chance.

It does become kind of a fishtail monster (which I like a lot). I'm hoping someone else tries this on grass as well, see what you think. Low-speed fun. Also makes AVC kind of fun to experiment with, if you have it. The tape held up great, even on dirt (didn't try pavement). I think I post too often on this forum, but thought I'd share this.

outcast_taped.PNG

Very cool .....share some vids
That requires effort :) This weekend kid will help me with that. You have a notorious I see......give it a go.

Try some uhmw tape should hold up better than duct tape

That's a good idea, I've never used uhmw tape. Today after getting home from work I just used what I had. I do have a little bit of gorilla tape left. Last few years I've tended to buy really cheap / frustratingly bad duct tape ( I think one of the brands is "Duck Tape" which is kind of funny, it does okay, and I think some other brand from one of the dollar type stores) because in our household it gets used really wastefully / tired of paying for it. But of course for RC it's totally worth it !!!

That requires effort :) This weekend kid will help me with that. You have a notorious I see......give it a go.

That's a good idea, I've never used uhmw tape. Today after getting home from work I just used what I had. I do have a little bit of gorilla tape left. Last few years I've tended to buy really cheap / frustratingly bad duct tape ( I think one of the brands is "Duck Tape" which is kind of funny, it does okay, and I think some other brand from one of the dollar type stores) because in our household it gets used really wastefully / tired of paying for it. But of course for RC it's totally worth it !!!
Hey whatever works aslong as your having fun

What! No video..

tough crowd ;) I need to get a gopro. Trying to hold ph in one hand and drive with the other I'm not very good at / last time I hit a tree. But kiddo will help me this weekend. Maybe I built it up too much, but it is really fun IMO, and not tear up the yard as much.

Last edited:
tough crowd ;) I need to get a gopro. Trying to hold ph in one hand and drive with the other I'm not very good at / last time I hit a tree. But kiddo will help me this weekend. Maybe I built it up too much, but it is really fun IMO, and not tear up the yard as much.
No worries, sounds fun and I’m just a sucker for vids. 🤓

@Smilinbri , @Hammer Down Here's a video. When taped up like this it is still capable (kinda) of going fast and straight (it doesn't let you accelerate very fast). But here I asked my son to keep it close and tight to where we were standing while I recorded. I tried to upload an mp4 but it didn't work, so did a GIF instead / not really sure what I'm doing.

fishtail.gif

@Smilinbri , @Hammer Down Here's a video. When taped up like this it is still capable (kinda) of going fast and straight (it doesn't let you accelerate very fast). But here I asked my son to keep it close and tight to where we were standing while I recorded. I tried to upload an mp4 but it didn't work, so did a GIF instead / not really sure what I'm doing.

View attachment 231447
Sweet! Thanks, that's pretty cool. Gotta try it!

Fyi...gotta upload to YT 1st, then attach link to YT vid. 👍

View attachment 231447
Awesome! 🤙

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back