Kraton Fitting a Max5-Sized ESC into an 6s EXB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aiosin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave
Preface: Two weeks ago my Max8 ESC I used in my Kraton EXB popped a cap after about 8-10 packs of mild bashing (about 3 of those on 6s, rest 4s), is on its way to Hobbyking for warranty and wont be back for 4+ weeks.

Zip to today: I got a ZTW Beast Pro 200A ESC on a cheap trade a while ago nobody wants to trade/buy and I thought I could use that in the meanwhile - but its freaking big compared to the Max8! It has about the same size as the Max5. And i tried a lot of positions and just can't find one i'm trusting enough to bash around with. I've got a 3D printer and tried some mockup brackets - but failed to ultimately find a good fit.

Did someone already fit a Max5(ish) ESC in his 6S/EXB ride? If yes, how and where exactly? And i would love some pics as inspiration ;)

I doubt very much it will fit, even with major trimming of the side guards.

I'd say about the only spot I would think might work would be on top of the center diff cover. But then you'd have to remove the cage that helps protect the body and also if you have a bad roof landing could destroy the ESC. Max6 or MMX8S is about the biggest ESC you can fit with minimal trimming in the stock location. Here's my Noto with the Max6 and it's a tight fit for sure as you see I even trimmed part of the diff cover for the motor lead closest to it.
IMG_20210825_115752039.jpg

That's very true but also not super easy to do. Also with all the holes for different ESC's you'd think it would be able to be mounted even if you can only get a couple screws that should be enough to keep it attached well enough.
Yeah. I take a piece of paper and a colored pencil and kinda scrape it on the bottom of my max6’s like we used to do to pennies and stuff under paper to get a footprint of my max6 and then use it to drill the holes in the stock esc plate. Of course nowadays I buy the basherqueen carbon fiber mount 😂

Yeah. I take a piece of paper and a colored pencil and kinda scrape it on the bottom of my max6’s like we used to do to pennies and stuff under paper to get a footprint of my max6 and then use it to drill the holes in the stock esc plate. Of course nowadays I buy the basherqueen carbon fiber mount 😂
Lol ya I did similar to drill holes and mount my Max6 in the Noto on the stock plate. Has been great no issue except when I landed on the lid from about 30' up on a triple backflip attempt😖 it ripped the screws out of the Max6 and broke some of the plastic casing on the bottom of the ESC. But got that fixed and so far 3 good bashes later still holding up fine👍

Thanks for the suggestions and pictures!
Just bash it makes a vertical mount...

View attachment 165713

View attachment 165714

The Just Bash vertical mount sure looks interesting. But out of stock + probably a hassle to import to germany makes this somewhat unappealing. Maybe i find an equivalent mount somewhere in the EU. Will ask google for that.

Wow, nice rides! The mount looks durable - did you make them yourself? Do you bash without the top body braces? Or more speed/street driving?

The kraton has a tp 4070cm 2200kv with src terrain crusher belted wheels/tires. I don’t drive it like I stole it. A lot of asphalt running since it is so fast 😀

I use the same mount in both below.

Kraton build thread:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anyone-running-tp-4070cm-2200kv-on-6s.5381/

Senton build thread:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anyone-running-leopard-4092-1730kv-on-6s.7869/

Thanks for the suggestions and pictures!

The Just Bash vertical mount sure looks interesting. But out of stock + probably a hassle to import to germany makes this somewhat unappealing. Maybe i find an equivalent mount somewhere in the EU. Will ask google for that.

Wow, nice rides! The mount looks durable - did you make them yourself? Do you bash without the top body braces? Or more speed/street driving?
Yes, make the cf mounts myself. Mostly run on asphalt due to the speed.

Last edited:
Back