Kraton fix battery box issue of sliding towards spur gear..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
if you remove 4 screws holding battery box and put black liquid electric tape in hole ,put screws back in ,let dry and bam done,, No more issues of battery box sliding towards spur and tearing up battery... Make sure you put enough so it fills slotted hole. this way it can't slide.. you can still remove screws later plus it won't hurt plastic like glue will.. never use locktite or glue in plastic it makes it brittle and breaks down..

why your on the battery tray heres a question
whats with these little nubs on either side of the tray??? my lipos would fit better without them ,they are removable but looks like the whole tray has to come out to get those out .

whats with these little nubs on either side of the tray??? my lipos would fit better without them ,they are removable but looks like the whole tray has to come out to get those out .
They are for different sized batteries to help them fit. You can take them out but yes you have to remove the tray to do so. I took mine out but they do come in handy with certain sized packs I own , not worth it enough to keep them in as its a pain to get them in out for the fact the tray has to be removed.

they should have added a shield or even a higher wall on the battery box to shield it from the spur . maybe someone will make a battery box upgrade .

Just a reminder, the battery spacer 'knubs' are only for hard-case style packs, always remove them if you're using a soft-case pack.

I plan to rig up something like one of the spare battery clips to the side of the tray to give me a shield, but so far the tray hasn't moved from where I put it...

They are removable.. they adjust for smaller battery's. If you want more weight in front slide battery forward and put taps in back so won't slide. Visa versa.

they should have added a shield or even a higher wall on the battery box to shield it from the spur . maybe someone will make a battery box upgrade .
Yea you are right on there. Bad design

Just a reminder, the battery spacer 'knubs' are only for hard-case style packs, always remove them if you're using a soft-case pack.

I plan to rig up something like one of the spare battery clips to the side of the tray to give me a shield, but so far the tray hasn't moved from where I put it...
Nice reply.. should stop people putting soft packs in.. ARRMA should have stated..

All great info here.....thanks much. I'm using some Kydex to build some mud guards in front of my ESC and to add some protection to the battery box.

... Nice reply.. should stop people putting soft packs in.. ARRMA should have stated..

while not a 'fan' of soft case packs, the only 6S packs that fit in my Typhon (that I've found so far) are soft case packs. Never had a problem with soft case, just have to use more caution in how/where its mounted and handling.

while not a 'fan' of soft case packs, the only 6S packs that fit in my Typhon (that I've found so far) are soft case packs. Never had a problem with soft case, just have to use more caution in how/where its mounted and handling.
I wrapped front ,back,and middle were spur gear is with gorrilla duct tape just too help soft pack alittle,from impacted.. it helped a lot, but i do think hard packs are a lot safer..

Hey there, this 6S hard pack from SMC racing fits the Typhon. Here is what I got.
upload_2016-9-4_10-28-52.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back