Outcast Fix broken rear a arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
Ordered RPM arms but looks like the post office is going to screw things up. Kid is looking forward to his first time racing on Saturday. Arm has a crack in the back making it flexy and we lost a dogbone last time we ran it. We also broke the shock plastic end which I'm sure didn't help matters either. I'm guessing he could possibly make it if I just put the dogbone back in and the shock on, but I'd like to repair it better if possible. I lined up a buggy to get him if he likes racing and nothing will ruin it faster than the truck breaking and having to quit in the first qualifier.

So what can I use to fix it? JB Weld? Something else better? Just has to make it through 3 rounds of racing.

Crazy glue?
Hot glue gun?
I've fixed some pieces including tires by sewing with heavy fish line,
Then putting hot glue over it...

I'm not sure where your sons a arm is cracked...
But maybe you could wrap the whole arm with the heavy fishline,
Or even wire, to hold it together to keep you guys running until the parts come?

Or gorilla tape, even duct tape!

Sorry I'm so far away, or I would have sent you spares that I had...
Good luck to you & your son!!
RJP

Depending on where the crack is, you can cut a trench with a thin dremel disk and put a piece of hard wire (like throttle/brake wire on a nitro rig) in the trench, fill the trench with JB, jam the wire in the trench as well, cover wire with JB, then wrap with thread/fishing line and coat that with JB. The tensile strength of JB I don't think is enough to keep the two pieces together, so your basically trying to create tensile strength by adding the solid wire and the line/thread as a binder to hold the wire in place as well as to add more JB to it to try and make it more robust.

To help, sand the wire to rough it up so the JB has something to grab onto when it cures.

I've done this in the past in a pinch with my XXX-NT back in the day and with my revo until RPM arms showed up. If the piece is thick enough, it will hold for a while. May not live through a harsh crash, but will work better than nothing at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back