Fixed EXB diffs vs modified V4 diffs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisexv6

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
A pet project during the off-season will be to go over the diffs in both our 6S trucks. They are holding up OK right now, a few broken pins that Ive replaced but not really a lot to complain about.

Was thinking - is it better to just replace with EXB diffs (assuming Arrma fixes them), or do I modify/upgrade the V4 diffs?

I was looking at - aluminum cups all around (son's Kraton already has 3, my Outcast only has 1), shim them internally along with shimming the pinion, upgrade to drill blank pins and M2C outdrives for better durability.

Versus EXB diffs that presumably already have better outdrives (larger diameter), heavier duty pins and gears, but still plastic cups. EXB would cost more, but hopefully hold up better in the long run, maybe?

We're just bashers, BTW....no racing, so the LSD isnt a necessity but if it helps keep everything together Ill go with it.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

I believe the larger ring and pinion along with the larger output shafts will be worth it in the end. As long as you spend a few bucks on shims you can make the open EXB diff pretty strong IMO.

Thanks everyone!

That brings up an interesting point, though...when do we "know" that they are good to go? Will they change the part numbers?

I thought I read on his FB post that Jason Dearden said the materials will be improved (the permanent fix is not just a matter of adding shims).

The individual diff parts seem to be showing up at Horizon, Ebay, etc.....but how to tell if they are fixed parts, I dunno.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back