Granite Flashing red light & no steering or throttle response.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

He$$4x4

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I just bought a new granite 4x4 mega. Took it out of the box, charged the supplied battery with the charger. Put new batteries in the transmitter. I turned on the transmitter, then turned on the truck. There’s a flashing red light inside the truck. There is no response from the truck when I squeeze the throttle and also no steering. Am I doing something wrong?

The transmitter is not binded to the receiver thats my bet my esc does the ssme when i turn the car on only and keep the radio off esc will blink red fast

I have a New Granite Mega that is about 2 weeks old. I had the same problem but it was ran on 2S batteries for a couple days. Found out the motor was not good. So I took it in and upgraded to brushless. Brushless is definitely worth the extra money if you haven't driven your truck. We burned up the original motor in about 7 days. How I was told to test the motor was disconnect it from the esc and put the connectors directly on the battery terminals. Just make sure your truck is up in the air so it doesn't take off. It worked for me to test if the motor was bad. Worth a shot.

I have a New Granite Mega that is about 2 weeks old. I had the same problem but it was ran on 2S batteries for a couple days. Found out the motor was not good. So I took it in and upgraded to brushless. Brushless is definitely worth the extra money if you haven't driven your truck. We burned up the original motor in about 7 days. How I was told to test the motor was disconnect it from the esc and put the connectors directly on the battery terminals. Just make sure your truck is up in the air so it doesn't take off. It worked for me to test if the motor was bad. Worth a shot.
The transmitter is not binded to the receiver thats my bet my esc does the ssme when i turn the car on only and keep the radio off esc will blink red fast
I just bought a new granite 4x4 mega. Took it out of the box, charged the supplied battery with the charger. Put new batteries in the transmitter. I turned on the transmitter, then turned on the truck. There’s a flashing red light inside the truck. There is no response from the truck when I squeeze the throttle and also no steering. Am I doing something wrong?
I followed the instructions on binding the transmitter and receiver. The red light stopped blinking but still no steering & throttle. Turned everything off then on again & red light is still flashing.

It is still not binded look if the throttle and steering are plugged on the correct channels steering should be channel 1 esc on channel 2

It is still not binded look if the throttle and steering are plugged on the correct channels steering should be channel 1 esc on channel 2
Yes, they are in the correct positions. Still nothing. Just red flashing light

Try binding it again a few times and recalibrate the esc if still nothing reset it to factory default if still nothing contact you hobbyshop or horizonhobbies
Ok thanks for the advice

I don’t have much experience yet with RC but I don’t think I had to bind anything to run the truck. In fact when they put the new brushless in, it all worked too. I hope your able to run it soon! They are a ton of fun! I already want the Kraton 6s. For now I’ll be happy with my Granite, it’s really fast and fun.

I don’t have much experience yet with RC but I don’t think I had to bind anything to run the truck. In fact when they put the new brushless in, it all worked too. I hope your able to run it soon! They are a ton of fun! I already want the Kraton 6s. For now I’ll be happy with my Granite, it’s really fast and fun.
I think I finally got it working. After trying a dozen times to bind the transmitter and receiver it finally started moving. I only ran it around the living room for a few minutes. Hopefully it will work when I try it outside on Saturday.
Thanks for the help.

I think I finally got it working. After trying a dozen times to bind the transmitter and receiver it finally started moving. I only ran it around the living room for a few minutes. Hopefully it will work when I try it outside on Saturday.
Thanks for the help.
Did you hear the motor beep when you turned it on? Then the bind beep for reciever once you turned it on? I have cpnstant steering but it looses throttle response/ reciever bind mid play. Takes a good minute to read the motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back