Flat clear before final color???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marucci87

Reaction score
I’m looking for a flat look and I keep seeing spray the flat clear on the outside of the body. What kind of results will you get if you spread flat clear on the inside of the body first then the final color?

Glossy finish..the body is what acts like the clear coat making it shiny.. so you would have no choice but to spray the flat clear on the outside If that's the look your after..

Spazstick paint makes flat clear. Spray the flat color then the color you want. Tamyia makes a flat coat as well.. but multiple layers are needed with the tamyia paint.. like camaro said. The shell itself will still be "glossy"

Thanks guys, I do have a can of Timiya flat clear already to get the flat look. I was just wondering what the results would have been if I sprayed the inside first. Thanks for the help, outside it is.

I’m looking for a flat look and I keep seeing spray the flat clear on the outside of the body. What kind of results will you get if you spread flat clear on the inside of the body first then the final color?
Does nothing for you sprayed on the inside. A waste of flat clear. It will foul out the inside paint. Not meant for this.
It gets sprayed on the outside after you paint the inside. For a matte extrior finish of the inside visible color.

Could I use it for a “primer” as for a non poly carbonate paint? That would be great because I have a TON of non rc spray paint colors, you would think I’m into graffiti.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back