Flat landing ➡️ BLX185 toast? Steering ✅ but no Throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Gents,

After searching couldn’t locate my exact issue so tossing out to the Forum...

Was jumping v4 K6S today. Maybe 12-15’ flat landings but not direct drops. Decent chassis slap though. On last landing the motor lost power (like a battery plug came loose). But esc fan was on and steering works. No motor power at all. Was not at LVC either. Esc light blinks flashing green. Pulled the receiver cover and confirmed plug was still installed - it was.

Waited and tried motor after it cooled and still same issue persists.

Any ideas?

A similar thing happened with my Max 6 except I will disconnect the battery and restart and I’m good to go until another flat landing jump. I believe it needs to be replaced. I’ve tried recalibrating it and it seems like it’s happening more often with smaller jumps. Sorry I don’t have good news for you.

My blx185 died the same exact way. There are some videos on YouTube that show a trick that may help, so try that before you replace the esc. I ended up getting a max6, my blx was toast.

Thanks guys. May try to reset. Guess it was a good call to pick up that HW Max 6/4985 1650kv combo for $191!

Anyone have any luck putting foam under esc and batter tray to soften the impact to electronics on big hits?

Thanks guys. May try to reset. Guess it was a good call to pick up that HW Max 6/4985 1650kv combo for $191!

Anyone have any luck putting foam under esc and batter tray to soften the impact to electronics on big hits?

I'm going to use Dual-Lock when I mount my Max6 onto my Basherqueen mount in my EXB. If I ever change the guts in my BLX will do the same. I figure it will not only hold the ESC well but will offer a bit of cushion. I fly aircraft if I want to get more than a couple of feet off the ground so call me a puss if you want regarding jumping. ;)

I can't see double-sided tape or a bit of foam offering anymore "cushion" ultimately, especially if one treats their cars "like they don't mind breaking them" and drops them out of the sky continually.

Getting an ESC off a mount stuck with double-sided tape is a tiny little nightmare so I'm considering the move future-proofing my ESC set-up.

I know Raz does this on his hypercars but given I'm no radical ripper with these trucks it will be a perfect solution.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back