Flex Seal Tape on Underside of Body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I taped my ER-2 body and while it took forever, it really helped me get more $ when I sold it. Gorilla Tape and a heat gun and patience.

gorilla taped er2.jpg

Looks like carbon fiber to me wtf
Can a hair dryer work? Me with ahoe goe where my body was flexing too much the shoe goo pulled the pain off so i have like a pink spot in a few places but i drilled some 1mm holes and pored some superglue got the shine back but not everywhere

Looks like carbon fiber to me wtf
Can a hair dryer work? Me with ahoe goe where my body was flexing too much the shoe goo pulled the pain off so i have like a pink spot in a few places but i drilled some 1mm holes and pored some superglue got the shine back but not everywhere

A hair dryer will work fine. Just makes the tape more pliable and easier to work with and easier to remove "fish mouths."

I tried the clear flex seal spray this morning on my Kraton and my son’s stampede. We plan to bash them tomorrow afternoon . I’ll post the results! I duct taped my DHK Maximus when I first got it and it’s yet to crack after lots of crashes!

Has anyone ever tried vinyl wrap on the underside? Automotive vinyl wrap has a good rep of protecting from nicks and scraps, and I’d imagine it could be a light weight cheaper alternative.

I have read about people putting duct tape on the underside of the body (Granite). I read about people using flex seal spray but what about the tape? I have some and was thinking of reenforcing the underside with that it pretty much rubber tape.

Any thoughts or reason I shouldn't?

I use crystal clear gorilla tape on the inside and out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back