Fly Sky GT3B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Talion
  13. Typhon 6s
All my Arrma's came with the not so good Spektrum transmitter. All of them had problems with lag and losing signal. So was looking for a fix and heard some good things about the Fly Sky GT3B. I was skeptical at first, I mean come on a 38$ transmitter how good could it be? This thing is awesome. You touch the go go trigger and it goes, same with reverse. I was able to go to the stop sign on my street which is about 250-300 yards away, no problems. The lcd screen is crisp and clear. The knobs and buttons are well placed and work well. The setting are super easy to find and understand. Im just super happy about it. The receiver is super tiny and 3 channel. Very easy to bind took like 3 seconds. Feels good and heavy in your hand, doesn't feel like cheap plastic. Yeah, super stoked on this one. Plus the receivers are only 9.98 on amazon. It can hold 10 models. how can you beat that?? Anyways just thought I would share my experience and give you guys a good option to replace the crappy spektrum oem transmitters. you can find them on ebay to but amazon seems like the best place to buy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LP1LYAI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for sharing your experience @arrmadave. I've heard of several others that have said a similar experience.

I just can't get myself to trust a $40 radio in a RC that costs $400, $500, $1000. I'm sure it sounds silly, I just can't do it. At least not yet.

Yep I was the same way. I really liked the spektrum dx5c, thats all I would use. The Fly Sky makes the dx5c feel like trash.

This Flysky Arrmadave talk about is really good radio.
This GT3B is very much loved by RC Drifters also.
And they need good stuff.

I have try couple less than 50 dollar radios from China.
THEY ALL ARE MADE IN CHINA anyway :)
They all are very good actually.
Long Range also like 300-500m easy

Alot better than the stock Arrma radio . ALOT better !

And the best part is that the Receivers are so cheap . About 8us piece only.
This is superb if you got alot different cars also.

Futuba and Brands like this got too pricy extra Receivers also.
Alot is also much more Pricy because they Sponsor alot drivers.

If you BASH.
And got alot cars.
And if you also wish alot better radio than the stock 2channel Spectrum
Go with this Fly Sky. GT3B

I used to be a Spektrum fan years ago, then I got into large scale and they were terrible. Switched to the Futaba 4PL shortly after it came out and have been happier than a pig in mud for years.

The new Spektrum radios shipping with the Arrma RC's now is enough to make a person quit the hobby. :mad:

I used to be a Spektrum fan years ago, then I got into large scale and they were terrible. Switched to the Futaba 4PL shortly after it came out and have been happier than a pig in mud for years.

The new Spektrum radios shipping with the Arrma RC's now is enough to make a person quit the hobby. :mad:

Indeed.
I don't understund why Arrma do this. The 2ch Spektrum they send now is HORRIBLE. :mad:
I need change this after 2runs. I hate this

B93437D0-9646-4E6A-85B7-42F1A0C69F4B.jpeg
790BF7AC-FF92-4634-86C1-825EF358DB6F.jpeg
B936B3B6-CFBE-42CC-98D0-15625857D574.jpeg
B8FF8114-4180-4776-8039-FE3D1AA98B51.jpeg
C763C19B-EB7C-4595-8C40-29A9B0BCDA74.jpeg
1DFEACC4-CF06-4FF3-B9D5-0160ACFBFE52.jpeg

Pics for comparison. And the fly sky is heavier.

It even gets better with the GTC3. It has some softer grips and even comes with a rechargable lipo which makes it much lighter.
Also the receivers operate between 4-11 volts so you can run high voltage servo's!

Thanks for sharing your experience @arrmadave. I've heard of several others that have said a similar experience.

I just can't get myself to trust a $40 radio in a RC that costs $400, $500, $1000. I'm sure it sounds silly, I just can't do it. At least not yet.
It's better than running a 500 dolllar radio in a 100 dolllar car :cool:

You guys are frickin' insane. The FS-GT3B sucks, get back to me in 2 months when the spring on the steering wheel breaks, or you can't set throttle correctly on the ESC calibration, or you notice the throttle and steering rates aren't actually linear.

8 AA's, lol, what is this, 1999?

Yeah my wife says I’m crazy every once in a while. 1999? You make that sound ancient. Lol I was already married and making a good living.

You guys are frickin' insane. The FS-GT3B sucks, get back to me in 2 months when the spring on the steering wheel breaks, or you can't set throttle correctly on the ESC calibration, or you notice the throttle and steering rates aren't actually linear.

I had a FS-GT2 and the pot for the steering went out and somehow sent my servo past the end point and destroyed the servo. If I plug the esc into the steering port as soon as I turn it on the motor goes full throttle.

I have had mine for over a year, running it on multiple vehicles, and i have never had any issues with it, and, i run it daily with my Arrma Fury. Some weekends, ill run 5 different vehicles on it in a day, and haven't had an issue yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back