Talion Flying Lessons? Is there a go to video or article to land flat or various tricks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have both the typhon and talion and i know the basics like throttle and brake to pitch forward or backward but i want to learn how to glide it down like a pro

Add a Bigger wing? 😁

I’m starting out “slow and low”, not going full speed into the jump and keeping the height around 1.5m/5ft or so. At this height there’s still plenty of time to practice in-air corrections… One thing that seems to make a big difference as far as the body angle in the air, is what I’m doing with the throttle at the time of launch.
I’d like to see this type of video too, but haven’t had any luck finding a good tutorial. Most seem to be kinda like “watch me send it”.

I’m starting out “slow and low”, not going full speed into the jump and keeping the height around 1.5m/5ft or so. At this height there’s still plenty of time to practice in-air corrections… One thing that seems to make a big difference as far as the body angle in the air, is what I’m doing with the throttle at the time of launch.
I’d like to see this type of video too, but haven’t had any luck finding a good tutorial. Most seem to be kinda like “watch me send it”.
You can learn a lot just by watching and listening. You can hear when someone gets on the throttle or the brakes and that's all you really need to be able to do, in order to copy what you see in the videos.

I think the first time I took my rig out to the BMX spot I learned that going slow over the jumps was a lot harder than going at a decent speed. I was scared to go faster but when I finally did it, I couldn't believe how much easier it was in comparison. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

You can learn a lot just by watching and listening. You can hear when someone gets on the throttle or the brakes and that's all you really need to be able to do, in order to copy what you see in the videos.
Excellent advice for the ones without music! I hadn’t thought of that. (y)

Here’s the best one I’ve seen (and heard), it’s very long and more of a stunt tutorial, but you can hear the transmission sounds as well as see his finger on the throttle.

Unfortunatley to get to be even remotely close to @Rich Duperbash 's level. You need to watch him more. Over and over.
You can hear when he either Throttles or Brakes for correct Rotation on landings.
You truly need to break much along with hundreds of hours of Wheel time to get it. Practice........ You will be eating wing mounts. Normal.
I did see a video a while back that explained it well. But doing it is the only way, once you understand the physics of rotational control.
5 Foot Air is just a crutch. Need more air time/ higher jumps. At least 10 footers minimum, to develope Rotational reaction time. I find that small jumping makes for Cartwheeling too much. A nusiance that also causes damage. Frustrating because Small air can cause just as much damage as Big air in many cases.
My spin.:cool:

Last edited:
5 Foot Air is just a crutch.
😂 You are absolutely right! At this point, I will take anything I can get.
Need more air time/ higher jumps. At least 10 footers minimum, to develope Rotational reaction time.
Not there mentally yet. I’ve hit the ramp near full throttle a time or two and it’s sheer panic to see my new truck sailing that high.😨 It causes a knot in my stomach to even think about it. 😂

Good advice though, thanks. I’m sure OP has more guts than me and will progress quicker following everyone’s advice to “learn in the clouds”. I’m still in the honeymoon stage with my new rig. :love:

Real Big Air does keep you edgy. I know.:LOL: Sailing through the air like a Plane.
Need to be relaxed and focused.
Don't let the rig drive you. You should always be in control. Telling it what to do every split second.
Easier said than done.;)
I find if I consistently do it , get out there every week or so, several packs of practicing, you get better faster. I find if I put the rig down for a month here and there. That you get rusty so easily. May even take several packs to get in the Flow again.
As you break parts from driver error, make sure to have spares on hand. So you can repair quickly and keep driving. I find that if I focus on the carnage too much, my driving gets worse and I break even more.

😂 You are absolutely right! At this point, I will take anything I can get.

Not there mentally yet. I’ve hit the ramp near full throttle a time or two and it’s sheer panic to see my new truck sailing that high.😨 It causes a knot in my stomach to even think about it. 😂

Good advice though, thanks. I’m sure OP has more guts than me and will progress quicker following everyone’s advice to “learn in the clouds”. I’m still in the honeymoon stage with my new rig. :love:
practise then you just do it without thinking about it (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back