Mojave Flysky FGr4 Reciever + Waterproof Housing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpspringer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
I recently purchased a Mojave and absolutely love it! However the stock transmitter just does not do it for me. That said, I'm looking at purchasing the Flysky Noble NB4 transmitter. For the receiver, the wired one (model FGr4) seems to be the winning choice as it offers better distance than the wireless (FGR4S).

Question: Does the FGr4 fit into the stock Mojave waterproof housing (receiver box?) ? If not, what are the options to protect the receiver?

Thank you for your suggestions!

I don't think it'll fit. I've measured the inner height of the receiver box, it's about 24mm +/- in the cover's middle part but the edges are much lower due to the shape of the cover. The width/length are about: 40x40mm. I've used FGR4S and the top was just fit (antenna up) with probably very little clearance. FGR4s dimension is: (L)25.5x(W)22x(H)17.3mm. FGR4 dimension is: 46x28x22mm, so it may not fit due to the length, or might hit the top cover but since you have the Mojave already, you might want to re-measure the receiver box yourself just to be sure.

Most of the description on the web shops stated that both are waterproof (but haven't tested it yet, probably it means water resistant :)). So probably putting it inside a small soap box or plastic and seal the cable entrance with water sealant or hot glue may give additional bit of protection as long as the car is not submerged.

Last edited:
Not sure it will fit.
I've measured the inner height of the receiver box, it's about 23-24mm in the cover's middle part but the edges are much lower due to the shape of the cover. The width/length are about: 40x40mm. I've used FGR4S and it fits just fit (antenna up). FGR4s dimension is: (L)25.5x(W)22x(H)17.3mm. FGR4 dimension is: 46x28x22mm, so it may not fit due to the length, but you might want to accurately re-measure the receiver box yourself to be sure.

While using the FGR4S, have you noticed any reception issues? How far can you go before the reception becomes an issue?

Haven't done range test yet. The furthest i did probably about 120-130 meters, further than that is too small for me to see. No issues so far, no glitches. throttle and steering response was very fast. Then again, the area is quite low noise (not much Wifi around) and line of sight (no obstacles or trees in between). I use Flysky noble because I can set up a switch for dual rates. So if someone else want to try it (and somehow sometimes its difficult to say No since most people that don't understand sees it like its just a toy like other non hobby-grade rc), then i can activate the dual rates with button, cut down the throttle to 60% :D

I get pretty good distance with the FGR4S in my K6s. However if there are any obstacles like a mound or building in the way it loses signal. I wouldn’t recommend it for speed runs but for bashing in a reasonable distance it’s fine. Like others have said you almost can’t see it before losing reception. Unless there is a obstacle in the way of the signal. I’m going to get the FGR4 w/antenna for my infraction tho.

Infraction receiver box is bigger? I can't use a bigger receiver box in Mojave, the default space is tight (at the end side of battery). I probably can use a bigger receiver box if I move the location to the front side of battery (close to the rear, bigger space).

I think you’ll be happy with the fgr4s.
I’ve even fully submerged mine twice! not sure if much water got in the reciver box (can’t remember) but it still works fine. ?

When you purchased the Transmitter, did it come with both the receivers? some have reported receiving two receivers when purchased from Banggood

I bought mine from hobby king and it came with two of the FGR4S. I had a coupon that worked for someone else recently. I can look it up again if you want?

Got from Hobby King as well, with 2 FGR4S same as Hammer Down. I sometimes see that other shops may have different bundle with FGR4 instead.

Last edited:
It does. I appreciate it Hammer Down. I cant wait to try it. is there anything I should know about it (I saw something about the wheel being a little weak)
Awesome! I’m always glad to help a brother out. ?

I also saw some reviews before I bought mine about the wheel being week. Not sure if there was a bad batch in the beginning, but mine has been rock solid so far. It has more features than you will probably ever use, not to mention the touch screen is rad!
I’m sure you’ll love it, I sure do love mine. ?

I just got mine today. I haven't bound it up yet but man it feels great in the hand. I would say its the most comfortable surface transmitter I have ever used.

Very interested in working out how to fit the FGR4 into the Mojave. I got my NB4 from a hobby shop in Brisbane Australia and it arrived with both the FGR4 and the FGR4S so I guess I was lucky. My truck only had its first run yesterday and it was with the STX2, so I'm looking forward to changing over to the NB4. Might not be able to make the footprint of the standard receiver box any bigger.... but can a taller box be fitted? Will have a look tonight after work.

mine came from hobbyking with 2 fgr4s receivers. I would look to see if you can find a file to 3d print something to cram that fgr4 in there. Im sure you will love the tx. its really nice and very quick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back