Flysky GT5 and Fireteam -- E-Brake setting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
I installed the receiver and it's working great for throttle and steering. But when I press the Channel 3 button, the servo for the e-brake isn't momentary -- it locks up the e-brake and stays that way. You have to press it again to unlock it.

I've been going through the manual trying to figure out how to change this, but I can't figure it out. Flysky may THINK they have a fantastic UI, and sure, compared to any of the stock radios, they do... but it still leaves a lot to be desired.

Has anybody here done this yet to their Fireteam? I'd love to know how to get it working right.

Thanks!

It needs a momentary channel as you saw for yourself. Unless you can change it, channel 3 is set up as on/off. Yu need a channel like channel 3 on the stocker transmitter

Not so fast. I discovered same problem few months ago but forgot about it until now. I'm going to try to find a solution now

After driving it some today, I'm going to go back to the stock controller. That channel 3 button on the GT5 is too hard to hit. The one on the stock controller is much easier, so in the case of the Fireteam it'll just stay with its stock controller.

Now... I wonder... I have the receiver out of my Axial Ryft, which is supposed to have some gyro functionality (like the Flysky one), since I went to the GT5 on it. I wonder if I could use that to get some stability control?

After driving it some today, I'm going to go back to the stock controller. That channel 3 button on the GT5 is too hard to hit. The one on the stock controller is much easier, so in the case of the Fireteam it'll just stay with its stock controller.

Now... I wonder... I have the receiver out of my Axial Ryft, which is supposed to have some gyro functionality (like the Flysky one), since I went to the GT5 on it. I wonder if I could use that to get some stability control?
Theoretically yes, but the SLT3 doesn't have a trim pot for AVC as far as I could see. I think you'd need at least a DX3 to make it work (or the Tx from your Axial Ryft perhaps). Now, I'm not 100% sure about this so take it with a pinch of salt, but that's my reading of the specs. Perhaps someone else can confirm or refute my suspicion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back