Granite Flysky GT5 or DumboRC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmaab

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the SLT3 with something more reliable and that has more range. I've narrowed it down to the Flysky GT5 or a DumboRC. If you have upgraded to either of these, do you regret your decision or has it worked out for you?

Thanks

Radiolink RC6GS or the 4GS ( cheaper) $80 and $60 respectively. Best range in its class bar none. Both Multi model radios. The Rx's are inexpensive also, so you can bind other rigs to it. I have the RC6GS for my speed runner Lim. I also have the Spektrum DX5C (not too crazy about that) radio. Expensive Rx's. I also have a Noble NB4. Expensive but great for closer running or the track. My Radiolink clearly has the best range. Almost double the range of all of them.

Last edited:
Radiolink RC6GS or the 4GS ( cheaper) $80 and $60 respectively. Best range in its class bar none. Both Multi model radios. The Rx's are inexpensive also, so you can bind other rigs to it. I have the RC6GS for my speed runner Lim. I also have the Spektrum DX5C (not too crazy about that) radio. Expensive Rx's. I also have a Noble NB4. Expensive but great for closer running or the track. My Radiolink clearly has the best range. Almost double the range of all of them.
Do you have one? I've done some reading and heard of people having issues with the Radiolink models. To be fair every model has at least a few people who've had issues with them.

I Have the RC6GS V1 , using it with my Limitless. I Need if for the range. Like many use it for. DIstance running over 100+mph. Never an issue. Not one.
The V2 version is out now. Better longer range Rx is included now. Basically the same radio. With some tweaks. Radiolink even updates the firmware from time to time which is nice.

I run the RC6GS V2 on my speed rigs and I can't see far enough to run out of range with it. Have made several passes over 5000ft in total so figure about 1250+ ft away from where I'm standing. Tried to do a range test and could only see to about 1350ft but still had range at that distance. Hands down for the price you can't come close to beating the RC6GS V2. I also run Dumbo setups in my bashers and like them but have range issues at about 800-900ft when I speed ran with it.

I would go GT5. It has good range, never had issues with my cars and boats and it always works, very reliable transmitter.
And receivers are cheap.
I just refuse to walk around with $1000+ rc's and a radio which says "DumboRC" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Also had the Radiolink which performed equally good but it has a little toyish feel to it, quite bulky and very hard plastics.
The GT5 has a little more premium feel and appearance.

I just bought the GT5 last week. I use it for my TRX-4 and my Typhon. Love it so far! It has all of the features that I wanted (20 model memory, gyro, ABS) and is very intuitive to program. I like the ergos and looks of it as well.

I considered most of the options under $250 and spent many hours researching. I am confident that I made the right decision for me.

I just bought the GT5 last week. I use it for my TRX-4 and my Typhon. Love it so far! It has all of the features that I wanted (20 model memory, gyro, ABS) and is very intuitive to program. I like the ergos and looks of it as well.

I considered most of the options under $250 and spent many hours researching. I am confident that I made the right decision for me.
Did you get your GT5 from a LHS or somewhere like Bangood?

Amazon. $61 with free shipping. I also bought a second receiver for $20. Will be ordering two more receivers soon.

I'm in Canada and the Amazon choices aren't great tbh. They all come from China so I'd be waiting on a 3rd party seller regardless. My LHS sells it for $119 CND which seems steep compared to anything I can order out of China.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back