Flysky Noble NB4 Feature Request

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Dear Mr Flysky,

My name is Jon and I like to speed run my RC cars. I really like your Noble NB4 radio. It’s super cool. But one thing it’s missing is profile settings that I can change on the fly.

You see, when you’re speed running, you have to drive your car to the start line, turn it around, then make a super fast speed run to the other end of the road, turn around again, and drive back to yourself so you can check your speed.

The problem is, in order to turn around at the start and finish lines, you need to be able to turn easily. However, when making the high speed pass, you don’t need to be able to turn that much and the extra sensitive steering causes crashes.

To fix this issue, we have to turn down the steering rate just before taking off on the speed pass. Then remember to turn it back up to turn around at the finish. This is a cumbersome process today.

The other common feature that you made so well for us speed run guys is the CH Speed feature. We love that you made this as we can ensure a nice clean even throttle pull every single pass. However this setting makes turning around very difficult as forward throttle input is basically ignored at low levels. These low levels of forward throttle are generally used to turn around at the start and finish.

So again we turn this feature off until ready to make the speed pass, and again turn it off before turning around at the finish.

Others might have various features they like. In the end, if we could have multiple profiles for each model, then we could switch quickly at the start and finish lines, saving us precious time.

I would love to see these profiles either on a quick touch button on the home screen or we could also use one of the extra channel physical buttons to modulate this setting.

I hope this info is clear enough to give you what you need to make your radio even better. 👍🏻

Your friend,

JonDilly1974

I have the dual rate on and off set to the front paddle looking switch by the wheel. It's a click of a switch to full steering or reduced.
Ooooo please give us a tutorial on that.

Here is an email reply I received today:
Dear Jon:
Thank you for your suggestions to FLYSKY.
I understand your meaning, a bit similar to the need for different power settings when you need to do different flight actions in a model airplane.
Currently, there is no similar function in the NB4 type transmitter. I have already told the R&D engineer of your suggestion, and we will discuss your suggestion carefully.
wish you a happy life
cheng

I also got a response from Cheng, including 2 of his (maybe R&D) colleagues on cc:

Thank you for your support to FLYSKY.
Prior to this, we have received similar suggestions.
Regarding the addition of a flight condition that can be turned on and off by a switch (allowing different throttle curves, CH SPEED, etc.). Our R&D engineers have been considering the necessity of this function and the difficulty of implementing this function.
Of course, more feedback will give us more basis to communicate with R&D engineers and promote the realization of this function.
I just looked at the link you sent roughly, and feel that arrmaforum is very active and enthusiastic.
I will often visit this community to listen to users’ suggestions, but due to my own work, it is impossible to spend a lot of time in the community. So if you have suggestions or other usage problems, you can send an email to me.
Thanks for reading
greeting
cheng

In my interpretation he requires more emails from us to convince his R&D engineers to make it happen. Who's up next?

I did reply that it might just be helpful already to add CH speed to the button assignments. Quickly changing CH speed delay with the VR knobs would be an adequate solution too. With D/R this is possible already

Ok, ever since I upgraded to FCC 2.0.100 I have been having some flaky issues. My throttle trigger seems to wig out. I lose reverse at times. I look down and with a neutral trigger position it will randomly show 10-20% input. I turn off the rx, turn off the tx, turn the tx back on, do a stick calibration, and it will show 0% input again. Turn the rx back on and it will act fine for a few mins and then start wigging out again. Anyone else seeing this?

Well I think I might have solved the issue, but I will have to take my cars out for a rip to be sure. I ended up backing up my models via PC, updating it again, same version, then used the PC to manually update the RXs. Even though the firmwares built into the radio update said the RX was up to date, the PC had newer versions available to download. All of this was via the Flysky Assistant 3.0 app.

Well I think I might have solved the issue, but I will have to take my cars out for a rip to be sure. I ended up backing up my models via PC, updating it again, same version, then used the PC to manually update the RXs. Even though the firmwares built into the radio update said the RX was up to date, the PC had newer versions available to download. All of this was via the Flysky Assistant 3.0 app.
Haven't had any of the issues stated above. I used the old version to update everything though. The new version takes 4 score and 7 years to load, if it even loads.

Haven't had any of the issues stated above. I used the old version to update everything though. The new version takes 4 score and 7 years to load, if it even loads.
It has been loading much quicker lately for me. First try took overnight to load.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back