Limitless Flysky Noble NB4 or Futaba 4PV for speedruns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notoriousone

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
I have always used Futaba and I love my 4PV, but I recently bought a Noble NB4 that I have been hearing great things about regarding radio range.. I have heard from others the FG4S receiver with antenna, paired with the Noble NB4, has a 1/2 mile range without any extenders. Can anyone here who has used one verify this distance?

Dang 1/2 mile is crazy. I get about 1000ft out of my 3PV with a booster.

Dang 1/2 mile is crazy. I get about 1000ft out of my 3PV with a booster.
I know, that is crazy range if real. I get about 1100 to 1200 feet out of my non boosted 4pv with R2006 receiver, and that’s good considering the congested area I’m in with lots of different signals around. I would love to get a 1/2 mile range

I know, that is crazy range if real. I get about 1100 to 1200 feet out of my non boosted 4pv with R2006 receiver, and that’s good considering the congested area I’m in with lots of different signals around. I would love to get a 1/2 mile range
I can barely tell which direction mine is going at around 1000ft. Much further and mirages and shadows obscure my view. I think if I use a ladder like some other do I could see better. For now it’s enough.

I can barely tell which direction mine is going at around 1000ft. Much further and mirages and shadows obscure my view. I think if I use a ladder like some other do I could see better. For now it’s enough.
Need to do speedruns riding shotgun in a lambo or something chase car style ?

Yeah I’ve thought if that. It would have to be a closed course.
RIDE OR DIE BROTHER
79c0ce093887e736bc48a002dc7c450c.jpg

I get around 1000’ (give or take) with my Noble and the fg4s. It’s right at the limit of my comfort zone doing speed runs. I’m seriously considering boosting it, especially now that my speeds have surpassed the 100mph mark...

Update: I got some range testing done yesterday with the Noble NB4 using the FGR4 receiver. There are different versions of the FGR4, I was using the big one with the antenna. I was surprised at how big the receiver is and it could be smaller, but I was pretty happy when I had full control at over 1400 ft away.. Also because the antenna is short it was covered by the body of the car, not sticking out. I thought that might affect range but turned out not to be an issue

Attachments

• 4EAE68C6-9C4E-4D29-A7D7-DF718D9A4FAF.jpeg
    4EAE68C6-9C4E-4D29-A7D7-DF718D9A4FAF.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 80
Update: I got some range testing done yesterday with the Noble NB4 using the FGR4 receiver. There are different versions of the FGR4, I was using the big one with the antenna. I was surprised at how big the receiver is and it could be smaller, but I was pretty happy when I had full control at over 1400 ft away.. Also because the antenna is short it was covered by the body of the car, not sticking out. I thought that might affect range but turned out not to be an issue
Great info. Just curious, was it a low speed test at 1400ft? Did you find the end of the range or was that as far as you could safely see it?

As far as the antenna, as long as it’s a lexan body it can safely stay inside.

I get around 1000’ (give or take) with my Noble and the fg4s. It’s right at the limit of my comfort zone doing speed runs. I’m seriously considering boosting it, especially now that my speeds have surpassed the 100mph mark...
I should have added that was using a Russian unbreakable body, not sure if that impeads my signal...? I’m wondering if I’ll get more range with the limitless (stock body)

I should have added that was using a Russian unbreakable body, not sure if that impeads my signal...? I’m wondering if I’ll get more range with the limitless (stock body)
That shouldn’t attenuate the signal any significant amount. It’s just plastic, right? Carbon fiber or any metal would kill signal.

Great info. Just curious, was it a low speed test at 1400ft? Did you find the end of the range or was that as far as you could safely see it?

As far as the antenna, as long as it’s a lexan body it can safely stay inside.
[/

It was Low speed, I was on a road with some traffic so I stayed well off to the side of the road the whole way down and back. When really far away It was hard to see but was still responding, turning left and right as I did so I had full control. I can say for sure that it had longer range than my Futaba R304 receiver did. I also have a R2006 dual antenna receiver that has great range also, I think this Flysky is at least as good as that if not better
What was your signal at 1400 feet away?

Great, no signal loss. As soon as the Noble NB4 detects signal loss, it starts beeping and a voice continuously says “signal lost, signal lost’ It was completely quiet this time even at max distance. I verified the distance later at home by measuring in feet at the location I was at from Google earth, so I know it was a legit 1400 ft

Last edited:
Oh ok, I was curious what was the signal level at that distance. Next time you do a run, check the NB4 for the signal. Its on the display sensors with a number of 1 to 100.

I didn’t pay much attention to it, I don’t think it dropped below 80 even at max distance. This coming weekend I’ll run again and get the exact number

I didn’t pay much attention to it, I don’t think it dropped below 80 even at max distance. This coming weekend I’ll run again and get the exact number
Thanks for doing the leg work here. I have been considering getting the NB4 for a while and was just waiting for a good reason.

Thanks for doing the leg work here. I have been considering getting the NB4 for a while and was just waiting for a good reason.
Same here. I like my 3PM-MX but its ancient...

I don't love that the connections face up towards the antenna on that FGR4 receiver.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back