Flysky noble nb4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joostin420

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Picked up a flysky noble nb4 to try out sometime :geek:

14AB5450-DB1D-4CD5-ACCB-E1272FFB647E.jpeg
094F281C-78FF-438A-A8D8-BFE40B347E49.jpeg
B4413201-72DF-4A32-871C-3D82915B2A5C.jpeg
8E75F519-7852-439A-A6BB-E2C2400CA1B0.jpeg
4F602F23-868F-4A38-92B9-7532637532B1.jpeg

I waited for 2 months to get my Noble from China, got lost in the mail, sent replacement, wait wait wait. But eventually I ended up with 2. And they are great, love them. Been using an IT4s for years, and it's like a great update from that. Software seems about the same, minor things like buttons replacing scroll wheel like things, and it talks now, but the build of the thing, it feels really great in the hand, rather than the really light plastic feel of the IT4

Very interested to see how you like it.. what would you compare it too..??

Build quality, Range, Specs, etc..???

Personally, I don't have much experience with different types of radios. I have used a lot of RTRs, Traxxas, dromida, redcat, losi... And several flysky's, FS-GT2, FS-GT3B, IT4, IT4S, and now the Noble. Out of all those options, it's most like the IT4(s), same firmware (though updated), and built with a lot of aluminum rather than plastic (which is really nice).

Range, has never been something I have personally worried about. I mean, if you can get to the other side of a track without loosing connection, isn't that good enough? lol

Just seems like even the most basic of RTR radios I have used I can drive far enough away I can barely see the car (and that's too far IMO).

Just a couple things to look out for in the future for this radio.

1. There is some sort of bluetooth module being developed. What could it do? I don't know! If I had to make a guess, something like what the traxxas TQi bluetooth stuff does... Which, this radio already pretty much does with its built in screen and software... So, I don't have a clue, but Im intrigued.

My assumption, this module is going to plug in here, this empty slot in the handle, that has no other apparent use.

2. There is a "sport mode" mentioned on flysky's site that is no where to be found in the settings. My assumption on this, will be a way to switch back and forth from 1 way and 2 way communications (a shortcut if you will). Which you can do in settings, but from my one single experiment, it requires re-binding.

Ok, Im going to complain about this radio now. The one and only thing I have been able to not like about it, is one of its more distinguishing characteristics, the detachable battery. Its a cool idea, I guess, but I just don't get it. It needs to be attached to charge the battery in the handle. And a more knit picky point (the thing that keeps bothering me), if the external battery isnt attached, you need to lay the radio down on its side, like this.

Which isnt really a bad thing I guess, but its just not my preferred way (more like way Im used to doing really) of sitting a radio down. So I took it upon myself to make a dummy battery, that I can attach, just so I can sit it down upright.
20190516_123330.jpg

This also seems silly. Im going to be attaching and detaching things from this all the time. Which begs the question... Why is this thing detachable?

Ok, Im going to complain about this radio now. The one and only thing I have been able to not like about it, is one of its more distinguishing characteristics, the detachable battery. Its a cool idea, I guess, but I just don't get it. It needs to be attached to charge the battery in the handle. And a more knit picky point (the thing that keeps bothering me), if the external battery isnt attached, you need to lay the radio down on its side, like this.
View attachment 38408

Which isnt really a bad thing I guess, but its just not my preferred way (more like way Im used to doing really) of sitting a radio down. So I took it upon myself to make a dummy battery, that I can attach, just so I can sit it down upright.
View attachment 38409

This also seems silly. Im going to be attaching and detaching things from this all the time. Which begs the question... Why is this thing detachable?

I've had mine 3 mos. and love it! The battery actually is useful on train rides across the country. I have telemetry coming from China. But for the price?? Very responsive, great range. Simple! Lots of switches. Put all my toys on 1 tx. Much better.

I have had my Noble for about 9-10 months now all my cars are programmed in. Why would you want to keep taking the bottom battery off it automatically charges the one in the unit + you can top up your phone if so wish been out all day no problem. Range never had a problem mind you probably I don't go beyond 100 -120 yards. Maybe some of the top of the range Spectrum and Futaba are much better but at what price.

I don't take the battery off and on. I have actually only used the battery to upload firmware updates. The battery in the handle easily lasts all day, and I prefer the look and feel (its about 5 oz lighter with out battery) of the radio without the battery.

I found these batteries, that are the same type (they are a tad longer), and they have a built in charging port. So, small a plastic removed and made the rubber grip so it can be peeled back, so I can plug it in. No need for external battery anymore.

20190723_155442.jpg

Sorry not trying too offend as the saying goes horses for courses you obviously like to change your gear to how you want it and have the skills needed too do it unfortunately I don't when it comes to transmitters

Got the telemetry from the slow boat in and all hooked up. Works perfect!
Hi iv got the noble nb4 .excellent controler could you give some more information on what sensor,s you're useing etc .iv bean thinking of hooking up a motor temp and battery voltage some information from someone who done it wood be really good .?

Hi iv got the noble nb4 .excellent controler could you give some more information on what sensor,s you're useing etc .iv bean thinking of hooking up a motor temp and battery voltage some information from someone who done it wood be really good .?
Super easy. They all plug into each other. Then into the sens. Channel. I ordered from banggood.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190817-031631_Banggood.jpg
    Screenshot_20190817-031631_Banggood.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 187
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back