Flysky Radio opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Futaba all the way man! I know several people who use FlySky and enjoy them, I just can't get myself to trust a $20 radio system on RC's that I have hundreds or even thousands spent.

So I just ordered a FlySky GT3B to replace my aging Futaba 2PL( yes its AM). I wanted something I could put all my Tamiya and ECX cars on. It has the same type of screen, same digetal adjustments, charge port , and 10 car memory. And yes at one point I had a car on every station. Have heard nothing but good things about the radio and even seen a few videos on it. Soon as I get my hands on it I'll post the 411 on it.

FSGT5 and higher are pretty good, the lower end ones are junk IMO.

So I got the new FlySky radio on Saturday put it in all the cars that had my old Futaba in and got all my settings, trims, re set 2 esc's and so forth done yesterday. I am impressed, finer adjustments, faster and more sensetive to input, and yes way more range than the Futaba AM radio I had been running. Yes AM, thats how long I have been doing this stuff.

So I got the new FlySky radio on Saturday put it in all the cars that had my old Futaba in and got all my settings, trims, re set 2 esc's and so forth done yesterday. I am impressed, finer adjustments, faster and more sensetive to input, and yes way more range than the Futaba AM radio I had been running. Yes AM, thats how long I have been doing this stuff.
But you got yourself the NB4 noble i assume?

Long time fan of flysky radio's. you get decent quality with the older AFHDS 2A models, but the new AFHDS 3 protocol is really next level tech. If you have the budget, do go for it

But you got yourself the NB4 noble i assume?

Long time fan of flysky radio's. you get decent quality with the older AFHDS 2A models, but the new AFHDS 3 protocol is really next level tech. If you have the budget, do go for it
how can you tell what protocol the radio is?

Holy crap. AM analogue radio???? Circa "80's.:)
Wow.
I tried that with my old vintage Futaba's, that I dusted off several years ago. I think Nowadays there is way too much environmental freq. noise that make AM/FM bands horrible these days. Even with my then $600. PCM 1024 FM Futaba, I couldn't keep up with the cheapest Tactic radio I have here. Range was glitchy and latency was just horrible. Dangerous driving. Even worse than the crappy RTR STX2 radio that Arrma dumped on us a few years back.:LOL:

Great thread on an old topic.:ROFLMAO:

Yes AM Futaba it was a killer ass radio when I bought it 20 years ago, carried differant sets of crystals with me to the track, check the frecunce board, mark your channel then start racing.

So i looked on my radio all it says is FS-GT3B AFHDS

What a classic radio. That's their original protocol, AFHDS. You need to use the AFHDS recievers, not the AFHDS2a or 3.

FS-GT3B is the radio model

What a classic radio. That's their original protocol, AFHDS. You need to use the AFHDS recievers, not the AFHDS2a or 3.

FS-GT3B is the radio model
I ordered 6 extra receivers to put in all the cars I still have. I am only bashing and playing at the park these day. So did I do ok for a 50 dollar radio then?

I ordered 6 extra receivers to put in all the cars I still have. I am only bashing and playing at the park these day. So did I do ok for a 50 dollar radio then?

Yeah, its pretty difficult to beat the value of it. The GT5 is better, but costs a bit more and for just bashing, the GT3 is good enough. Its a $50 dollar radio that can pull some punches from much more expensive radios. Some people have reported issues with the spring in the steering wheel, but I think its a rare enough issue not to be concerned.

I am so happy I got this radio, like I said in my earlier post it does so much more than my old one, and the fact I can get receivers for all my cars without breaking the bank is a huge plus.

So I installed all the receivers in my various cars, got everything adjusted, put a couple of batteries through each car, no complaints. I'm even going to run it in my Mojave now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back