Flysky Radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skids929

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
Anyone running these that can speak to them a little? Quality, reliability, functionality etc.

Thanks!

I have the GT5. For what you get in features for the money its outstanding. I can't actually fault it.
Latency is low, the range is great and the gyro is a really good one.
Don't expect premium soft plastics etc for that low price but build quality seems good and I've had no issues at all in about a year of ownership
Would buy another if that means anything..

This review should tell you everything you need to know with regards to features and functionality.

Their premium Tx, the Noble NB4 is also highly regarded on here but I don't have one to be able to offer a valid opinion so hopefully the Noble owners can chime in.

Last edited:
The gt3b is nice and basic and I was surprised by the rigidity of it compared to my Spektrum dx4c which has terrible range. It guzzles AA batteries but I usually end up putting my own rechargeable batteries in my remotes anyway.

Looks pretty awesome and a super deal compared to the Futabe 7PXR I have sitting here. Which I like but honestly it's giagantic, thats my biggest issue with it. Comfort is a 10, features are 10, cost is a 1, size and weight are 1.

Just want to make sure they have telemetry and battery fuel guage etc like the 7PXr has. Also doesn't seem like they have alot of folks using them, at least here in the states anyway.

GT5 displays Tx battery voltage but has no battery telemetry from the car.

Anyone running these that can speak to them a little? Quality, reliability, functionality etc.

Thanks!
I have a GT5 and can appreciate its functionality but am disappointed with its ability to maintain a signal. On at least two occasions, one near overhead wires and one about 2 km from a small local airport, I've lost complete control of my vehicles. The one near the airport lead to a crash. The overhead wire incident was on grass so no catastrophes. My Tactic radius perform perfectly in the same areas and have no antenna wires. Would I buy it again, probably not, but with 4 cars running on it now, too invested to switch.

I have a GT5 and can appreciate its functionality but am disappointed with its ability to maintain a signal. On at least two occasions, one near overhead wires and one about 2 km from a small local airport, I've lost complete control of my vehicles. The one near the airport lead to a crash. The overhead wire incident was on grass so no catastrophes. My Tactic radius perform perfectly in the same areas and have no antenna wires. Would I buy it again, probably not, but with 4 cars running on it now, too invested to switch.

thanks for the information, good to know all this..Have you seen the new NB4? Wonder how the range is on that being newer and it has a new protocol AFNDS. Does yours have that?

this model here.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/flysky-noble-nb4-afhds3-surface-radio-w-2-x-fgr4s-receivers.html

Last edited:
thanks for the information, good to know all this..Have you seen the new NB4? Wonder how the range is on that being newer and it has a new protocol AFNDS. Does yours have that?

this model here.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/flysky-noble-nb4-afhds3-surface-radio-w-2-x-fgr4s-receivers.html
Can't check now, but range is not the issue. When working right, and in an area with no interference, the radio is outstanding. I use this radio on both my Typhons, one road and one track. When lighting the road one up to near 80 mph, the radio has performed very well. The track mounted one makes for very good control when negotiating tight corners and small jumps. It's the interference that I can't wrap my head around. All the transmitters have the antenna mounted well and protruding from the body. Can't figure why I lose the signal when an inferior radio holds up.

Can't check now, but range is not the issue. When working right, and in an area with no interference, the radio is outstanding. I use this radio on both my Typhons, one road and one track. When lighting the road one up to near 80 mph, the radio has performed very well. The track mounted one makes for very good control when negotiating tight corners and small jumps. It's the interference that I can't wrap my head around. All the transmitters have the antenna mounted well and protruding from the body. Can't figure why I lose the signal when an inferior radio holds up.

Ok so that issue sounds isolated to the location maybe? check out the link when you get time...That radio is literally 1/3 the cost of the Futaba and has most of the same functionality. Seems like a good solution for those in the market for something like this. My biggest issue at the moment is giving anymore money to the Chinese than I already have in the past few weeks! ?

thanks are you running it or do I have to be the test subject?
I’ve been running it for almost a year and it’s AWESOME!! ?

Even doing speed runs, I get around 1000’-1200’ range with the fgr4 rx and slightly better yet with the ftr10 rx.
2963ED42-DD36-4BF2-8F19-3DA03559D4FC.jpeg

Even doing speed runs, I get around 1000’-1200’ range with the fgr4 rx and slightly better yet with the ftr10 rx.
View attachment 103449

Ok so that answers a question I had which is if the range on the FGR4 was better since it has an external antenna. Also has telemetry capability which the one that Hobby King ships with it (the FGR4s) does not have a sensor port. Not sure why the hell they do that.

Imo, It’s a trade off for range vs the convenience of no antenna. I think most people like the idea of no antenna getting in the way and aren’t concerned with speed runs. ?‍♂️

Imo, It’s a trade off for range vs the convenience of no antenna. I think most people like the idea of no antenna getting in the way and aren’t concerned with speed runs. ?‍♂️

My two cars currently have antennas so I am not concerned about it. With my driving ability I need to make sure I don't lose signal or my car will crash into something at al 100 miles per hour and explode. ? and I don't want to get a kill switch. are you using this radio across all your cars and does it read battery remaining? I like that feature on my current spektrum DX3 not gonna lie.

My two cars currently have antennas so I am not concerned about it. With my driving ability I need to make sure I don't lose signal or my car will crash into something at al 100 miles per hour and explode. ? and I don't want to get a kill switch. are you using this radio across all your cars and does it read battery remaining? I like that feature on my current spektrum DX3 not gonna lie.
Yep, all 8 of them ?
Just add the $10-15 voltage telemetry sensor and your in biz. I also believe you can run multiple temp sensors (motor and esc or batteries ect.) and display them simultaneously. Someone else on here does this, can’t remember who tho...

Yep, all 8 of them ?
Just add the $10-15 voltage telemetry sensor and your in biz. I also believe you can run multiple temp sensors (motor and esc or batteries ect.) and display them simultaneously. Someone else on here does this, can’t remember who tho...

Thanks Man! Ordering mine now!

Yep, all 8 of them ?

forgot to ask...will I lose my AVC with these Flysky receivers? Thats feature I actually value with the Infraction at lower speeds when drifting. I don't see where thats a feature on these receivers but maybe I am missing something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back