Flysky Radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I figured it out..I would need to add a gyro to the receiver to get that capability back. Issue is no one can answer whether or not an external gyro is compatible with this protocol or if it's been tested with it. So for that reason, I'm out on this one until I figure it all out. I have to admit, being new to cars this fast that AVC is a good hook for spektrum, particularly on the Infraction. I can't see running that beast without some sort of correction when drifting it around. Kraton maybe I could live without it but not on the infraction.

I think I figured it out..I would need to add a gyro to the receiver to get that capability back. Issue is no one can answer whether or not an external gyro is compatible with this protocol or if it's been tested with it. So for that reason, I'm out on this one until I figure it all out. I have to admit, being new to cars this fast that AVC is a good hook for spektrum, particularly on the Infraction. I can't see running that beast without some sort of correction when drifting it around. Kraton maybe I could live without it but not on the infraction.
You are correct, it would need an external gyro. I’m not sure which ones work, as I have a strong dislike for that type of thing. I prefer to be in full control at all times without the gyro killing the throttle or over correcting. If you like it that’s perfectly fine, it’s just not for me.

You are correct, it would need an external gyro. I’m not sure which ones work, as I have a strong dislike for that type of thing. I prefer to be in full control at all times without the gyro killing the throttle or over correcting. If you like it that’s perfectly fine, it’s just not for me.

yeah you and alot of other experienced Rc guys seem to feel that way. Maybe I need to run the Infraction with AVC off for a while and see if I can adjust. That particular car seems to really benefit from it when you drift but maybe I am wrong on that and need to try it out without it. kraton has none of that and not sure it would benefit me to have it on there. My sons Big Rock maybe though.

so you have no AVC on on any of your vehicles? Just all you all the time? I have it turned below mid way but that slight correction seems nice to me, likely because I am new to cars like this with this much power.

Last edited:
I have a couple flysky radio's. My favorite is the IT4S, which i have been using +/- 4 years now. It's basically the precursor of the NB4. OS looks the same.
I remember I did have to do a tricky firmware flash as my version was a bulk shipped ODM version which didn't allow firmware updates. On the original firmware the touchscreen was acting weird sometimes and some info menu's could not be accessed.

Range is good, build quality is good and the 1S-1700mAh battery in the IT4S seems to last forever. I did recently added a range extender on it for speed running, though i didn't need it before. Real cause was the receiver. They really don't like getting more then 6.5V.

As for AVC(SVC in flysky terms), you need the flysky receiver with built-in gyro (FS-BS4 / BS6), i tried it with several external gyro's but never worked. I only use it for my RWD 1/10 drift car on any AWD i don't need nor like it.

The flysky telemetry works with an external module on the sensor port. They can be hooked up in series probably endless quantities, but the display can only show 4. I only use temperature and voltages, but you can also get rpm (both optical and magnetic) and the software even allows you to display calculated speed.

Cheaper flysky models, work great too. Build quality is definitely less, but simular/maybe even sturdies as what you get from cheap models of other brands. I have bad experiences with their hardware for flying. But on that market other brands give a much better bang for your buck. It would be so nice if Jumper or radiomaster would create a surface radio.

None of them, All me all the time. ?
you're my hero...Id smash this thing into bits. I think I may just stick with the Spektrum Dx5 Pro and call it a day. Not a huge fan of the controller itself but you can't beat the integration and across three Arrma vehicles I think it will be a good thing. As soon as I start disliking AVC I am going to scrap it move into something else sexier for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back