Foams...They still a viable option?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
Anyone still use foams for on road? I am trying to find apparently an impossible combo. Something that will grip well in the turns and last. My senton ate a set of speedhawks in under two weeks running in the parking lot at work. This is about the 4th set of tires I have gone thru trying to find something that will work. Also the speedhawks had very little grip. We are basically running on an imaginary oval. Duratrax robbers had great grip bit kept separating from the rim i guess from rolling the sidewall in the constant turning. Considering old school foams at this point.

How is the surface you would be running on?
BSR, Contact, Sweep, and Gone Bannanas are big names in 1/8, 1/7, and 1/5 scale RC car foams.
I have found that any amount of sliding/drifting and the sides chunk pretty fast. They are honestly made for prepped race track surfaces and don't last long on the average road unless you are only driving straight (drag or speed runs)

Some GRP on-road tires in the harder compounds may be your best bet.

How is the surface you would be running on?
BSR, Contact, Sweep, and Gone Bannanas are big names in 1/8, 1/7, and 1/5 scale RC car foams.
I have found that any amount of sliding/drifting and the sides chunk pretty fast. They are honestly made for prepped race track surfaces and don't last long on the average road unless you are only driving straight (drag or speed runs)

Some GRP on-road tires in the harder compounds may be your best bet.
Ok cool. It is pretty rough asphalt so foams are a no go for sure. I am just tired of blowing money on tires. 😂. Thanks for the input

Ok cool. It is pretty rough asphalt so foams are a no go for sure. I am just tired of blowing money on tires. 😂. Thanks for the input

On-road is very abrasive if you are pushing it hard. It will eat up tires 10x faster in most cases. I do mostly on-road and couldn't afford 1/5 scale RC cars due to tire wear. $170 set of tires on an X-Maxx 8s hurts the wallet.

On-road is very abrasive if you are pushing it hard. It will eat up tires 10x faster in most cases. I do mostly on-road and couldn't afford 1/5 scale RC cars due to tire wear. $170 set of tires on an X-Maxx 8s hurts the wallet.
Yea it is a bummer. My offroad tires I can get like a year out of. I am going through street tires in a week or two. I can not afford to do that but it is a blast running at work on our make-shift oval track.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back