SOLD / FOUND Foldable ramps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumor92

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
What happened to the guy that was selling those portable metal ramps on here any chance someone can tell me his brand name so I cam look into buying ome

T Bone racing has ramps. Not the cheapest but people post stupid airs, flips and jumps from them

Last edited:
I like the Killaramp design, but in my experience a 2 foot wide ramp is too narrow, you need at least 3 feet to hit the ramp with speed. The 3 foot versions of both the T bone Racing and Killaramp are similarly priced. From videos I've seen, the Tbone ramp enables far higher air. Just search Tbone airtime ramp on Youtube. Killaramp's Youtube is here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa_Ko0D84lw_xbNLLKlTpCg/videos

I have the tbone ramp and it’s ok for 1/10th scale but light hits, when not angled up, with a 6S notorious bent the support arm. I have strengthening plans but overall haven’t been happy with my t bone ramp. They use SAE hardware so I had to buy SAE tools to carry around. Do change the adjustment bolts to quick release to make things faster to change. Even with strengthening plans it is doubtful that I can hit it hard with any of my 6 S trucks, or share it uncontrolled at a bash. YRMV...
I have 2 of the killeramps on order but waiting on shipping. Hoping that when combined for a 4’ width will be easy to hit and strong enough for 6S hits. When they show up I’ll try to post a review.
Hurricane

I do have the killa ramp and it is super awesome. Super durable and made with really nice steel coated with nice finish. It beats tbone ones in terms of quality and finish. Only thing about it is delivery time from russia. It does take a while but worth the wait!
Yes, he’s honest about that which I appreciate. Just haven’t seen a lot of stateside reviews.

I’m looking at his wide ramp, not standard
I have the tbone ramp and it’s ok for 1/10th scale but light hits, when not angled up, with a 6S notorious bent the support arm. I have strengthening plans but overall haven’t been happy with my t bone ramp. They use SAE hardware so I had to buy SAE tools to carry around. Do change the adjustment bolts to quick release to make things faster to change. Even with strengthening plans it is doubtful that I can hit it hard with any of my 6 S trucks, or share it uncontrolled at a bash. YRMV...
I have 2 of the killeramps on order but waiting on shipping. Hoping that when combined for a 4’ width will be easy to hit and strong enough for 6S hits. When they show up I’ll try to post a review.
Hurricane
That’s the issue I saw also. Ramp isn’t strong enough for 1/8 scale

Thx all for the input hopefully will be buying one soon

Do not use the tbone for 1/8th scale. It's not just a durability issue, simply not strong enough in any aspect of construction.
I've added support frame, steel t-angles and all kinds of other support. Still not good enough or strong enough.

I'd like to see some independent reviews as well of the Killaramp. It's a chunk of money but looks very promising. Only condsidering the wider version though.

On the Freshpark, I've used a prior version and beside it not holding up I see the same mistake on this heavy duty one. The heavy duty seems durable and addressed that problem. The upgraded one has 2 issues that will not work for myself.
#1 Weight, at 72lbs it's not very portable.
#2 The black flat head screws are sticking up above the red metal and they will eventually catch something on your rig. It will end in carnage. Not necessarily immediately but you will severely damage your rig when it happens.

Last edited:
#2 The black flat head screws are sticking up above the red metal and they will eventually catch something on your rig. It will end in carnage. Not necessarily immediately but you will severely damage your rig when it happens.
That’s a bummer. Can they be removed?

No, I've tried or even replace with countersink type screws but no success. I gave up on the prior version, for other reasons, but that was an issue as well.

On the freshpark ramps I saw on a YouTube video that the mesh would bend down and the frame lip would catch parts of your truck. Figured that if you got one you’d have to cover the surface with something adding more to the expense. The big one could be carried in two pieces but that’s still 40lbs each after you add on a surface. Keep looking for the perfect solution.
Hurricane

Yes, mesh bending, I would hope they would use stronger by now. Rig getting cought up on the lip where the mesh is inserted, ripping out the diff screws. Catching on those black screws, same issue on the rig. Either front or rear, in some cases it just caught the slip plate (RPM) swapped to HR skid plates but now it's metal on metal and damage is worse. All in all good looking but useless.
They will work fine for 1/10 scale and maybe a 1/8 Typhon but thats it. Again, that was the prior version, if they use the same screens nothing has changed from an RC perspective.

Last edited:
Do not use the tbone for 1/8th scale. It's not just a durability issue, simply not strong enough in any aspect of construction.
I've added support frame, steel t-angles and all kinds of other support. Still not good enough or strong enough.

I'd like to see some independent reviews as well of the Killaramp. It's a chunk of money but looks very promising. Only condsidering the wider version though.

On the Freshpark, I've used a prior version and beside it not holding up I see the same mistake on this heavy duty one. The heavy duty seems durable and addressed that problem. The upgraded one has 2 issues that will not work for myself.
#1 Weight, at 72lbs it's not very portable.
I ordered the wide, shipping tomorrow. Hoping it goes soon. Haha

If you are using it for Kraton/Outcast etc it will start bending after the first jump and get increasingly worse. My guess, a total of 20 jumps and it will be trash. It will start slowly. Unless that is your plan, try and cancel.

If you are using it for Kraton/Outcast etc it will start bending after the first jump and get increasingly worse. My guess, a total of 20 jumps and it will be trash. It will start slowly. Unless that is your plan, try and cancel.
Not sure if you’re referring to me, but I ordered the killaramp.. looks to be much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back