Fool Spektrum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was bashing my 6S Kraton and one of my gensacearespammers 3s lost a cell. What would cause this. 2 years old ,maybe 40 cycles .

Depends, most often one of the taps just breaks off due to use and abuse. Also had just instant death of a cell just because..plenty of causes and not necessarily something you did.

Just bash and forget about lipo data. I don't do RC just to focus much on the little things like lipo specs. And if they are 100% correct, # of cycles....
Lipos are not some mystical magic. Just follow the basic rules and drive already. Smart is a gimmick, that adds a layer of potential failure all at a higher lipo $price$. Flame me if you will... Smart is just a marketing tool for HH. To dominate the Lipo market. ISDT BattGO was a failure. No one jumped aboard. Same Tech. ISDT never offered the BattGo lipos. It failed. ISDT makes great chargers however. Just that the Smart concept didnt catch. That's all. For a reason. Now Spektrum grabbed it. Forcing the concept by using Smart in the their RTR offerings. Creates a captive audience/market. So Newbs jump in with both feet. Being a newb and afraid of lipo's I understand, but smart is not the answer. A false sense of security. You cant be lazy when it comes to understanding lipo care and feeding. Charging and storage etc. Its all just another layer of confusion as seen on this thread. If you are DJI guy to begin with, you may find Smart comforting. There are 2 camps when it comes to Quads. The quad builder who uses standard lipos and the casual DJI flyer(prebuilt quad) guys that rely on Brand specific lipos. Same thing here translates with Spektrum Smart Lipo's and ESC's and these "Smart Arrma rigs" now.
So be it. To each his own.
yes. not to sure about this Smart batteries. I had 3 to crap out. Had very little use. Too expensive.

The main reason I think people say you "need" the smart charger is because you can't set the behavior parameters of the battery without the spektrum charger. You just get whatever they set it to. So really you're paying a premium without getting the premium value of the battery. I believe even without the smart charger the lipos will still eventually discharge themselves to storage, but I'm not sure what the stock
Do u have the dx5 .. I don't run nothing but spektrum!! I love the telemetry provided through their software.. Since arrma and spektrum have basically converged.. U guys better jump on the band wagon!! My first battery was the 50c.. I still get 30-40 mins out of it a year and a half later.. I believe they outperform all the other batteries in every aspect.. Charges in litterally like an hr!! After 72 hrs they began their discharge feature.. I just got 2 more 100c's for my felony.. You really can moniter her whole heart and soul through my dx5 rugged!!
There is a new G2 Spektrum line out. They had to revamp the original. They have a newer charger and lipo series.
I guess the old Smart setup wasn't that Smart.:LOL: And now they have an excuse for you to buy the even Smarter stuff now.:ROFLMAO:
At some point, you have to ask why lipos and chargers like this need to be this expensive. Isn't the Hobby expensive enough. What's wrong with the 99% of all the other quality Lipos and chargers out there? They are not Smart enough to take our $$$? Like Spektrum does.
I am Smart enough to know how to charge my lipos. Part of the hobby to begin with.
Now all of a sudden, I should Not need to know how to charge my lipos with a Smart G2 Eco charging system? I can become lazy with Lipos now?
Waste of money to me. From a Hobby consumer standpoint. Some brands are just greedy pigs. But there will always be someone out there that thinks they are at the epitome of technology and buy that stuff.
Lmao.. Get ready to be pissed, cuz everything u pull ur wallet out for is about to go up.. Best believe inflation is right around the block bro!!
Just remember everyone.. You truly DO get what you pay for, in this day in age!!

Last edited:
Minor detail, Arrma and Spektrum technically did not merge. Horizon now owns all of them, and they are all under the Horizon family.
Big difference in reality, even though outside might look as you described it.

Minor detail, Arrma and Spektrum technically did not merge. Horizon now owns all of them, and they are all under the Horizon family.
Big difference in reality, even though outside might look as you described it.
Minor detail.. I said converge not merge!! Since we being all tech about it!! 🤣

I wonder if the battgo stuff will read the spectrum stuff. And if the spek will read the isdt, I've been looking at this stuff for a week and just found a mention of the isdt battgo, feel so dumb, found the isdt battgo linker on bg for like 12$, wonder if these chips could be used on regular batteries to make them work with the telemetry aspect of the spek smart stuff, I have a few lipos I wouldn't mine converting over, would just need to be able to reprogram the chip a bit to change any limits it puts on the system for the battery not the same it's setup for
You got a link for that...Honestly I just want it to show my Controller the battery levels on any battery lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back