Kraton For those changing to a 1/5 scale servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole point was to tell people if you change to a bigger servo you need to adjust the servo arm. My message wasn't rocket science but then again some on here are fiddlesticking retarded.
I agree that the info you gave was helpful as always. ?? I think I speak for everyone here by saying you are one of the biggest contributors to this board. Sure you have an edge, but to me, that’s a plus. ?? Sorry if anything I did set you off. Never meant any harm. ✌?

I agree that the info you gave was helpful as always. ?? I think I speak for everyone here by saying you are one of the biggest contributors to this board. Sure you have an edge, but to me, that’s a plus. ?? Sorry if anything I did set you off. Never meant any harm. ✌?
This^

That's a great video but turn buckles are designed with reverse threads on one side. In other words, leaving it screwed into the bell crank and using a turnbuckle wrench you can adjust the length in and out.
I reread this again and I understand what you are saying. I had a few drinks in me last night so I apologize. I don't have a turnbuckle wrench that fits in there, like the one you have. In fact I couldn't find any wrench to fit it. So I really had no choice but to disconnect it in order to adjust it. Can I ask where you got that wrench?

I reread this again and I understand what you are saying. I had a few drinks in me last night so I apologize. I don't have a turnbuckle wrench that fits in there, like the one you have. In fact I couldn't find any wrench to fit it. So I really had no choice but to disconnect it in order to adjust it. Can I ask where you got that wrench?

No worries, I'm a retired professional drinker.

https://www.amazon.com/7pc-Universa...rds=turnbuckle+wrenches&qid=1579365516&sr=8-2

Thank you ? I just ordered them. I like how thin they are. Even if I found a crescent wrench that was the right size it would be too thick to initially fit in there.

Yeah they are great for quick trackside adjustment too that's for sure! I would normally set my TQ @ 0, drive it to on a flat surface to make sure its tracking straight and make quick adjustments after setting my end points.. I'd keep them in my back pocket whilst racing to adjust camber/castor and tow:cool:. H7 (black) will fit the front and rear TB's as well.

That's a great video but turn buckles are designed with reverse threads on one side. In other words, leaving it screwed into the bell crank and using a turnbuckle wrench you can adjust the length in and out.
Didn't understand that??
What is up with all of the fighting on here lately?

Guys you are seriously arguing about toys. Just let that sink in. We do not need to be calling each other names and getting upset over such trivial things as how to adjust the length of a servo arm.

Smoke a bowl and come back in 5 and lets talk about this in a calm manner.
I smoked a bowl. Still confused:ROFLMAO:. I need some Good old Scotch. I am on AF for a year now because I was an RC'aholic. Now I am an Alcoholic. I need to read this whole thread again.:love:
Ok. The servo arm, in the middle of it, there is a hex nut and all you have to do is turn it one way or the other to lengthen it or shorten it without removing the servo arm from the bell crank.
Imagine the other end being connected to the bell crank still. Capiche? View attachment 61313
Is that a joke??? Sounds like crap from the Traxxasssss forum. You missed the whole point of this Thread and its author, @bicketybam.

Last edited:
I watched it 3 times and you said you "adjusted it till you could lay the arm down till it lined up right over the hole, dead center". To me that looked like you took the arm off to adjust it. Not needed! That's all I'm saying. Common knowledge IMO..
@bicketybam made a point. And it was not about "how to adjust a turnbuckle". It was about the length that needs to be adjusted to keep the bellcrank and servo geometry centered. How you to do it not the point here. If you want to teach RC 101 try doing your own video.

Yep, same ole high school broad drama.. I'm sorry to insult you with my common sense, bickety.. Next up, how to take a lid off an RC vid?.. Flame me all you want, don't really care..
With all due respect, You probably have a lot to offer. And maybe you can help others by doing your own videos for newbs. @bicketybam's videos are from far from newb territory. His videos assume basic RC fundamentals and go into unchartered information based in real experience. The K8S and his vids have very unique value here on AF.

Is that a joke??? Sounds like crap from the Traxxasssss forum. You missed the whole point of this Thread and its author, @bicketybam.

With all due respect, You probably have a lot to offer. And maybe you can help others by doing your own videos for newbs. @bicketybam's videos are from far from newb territory. His videos assume basic RC fundamentals and go into unchartered information based in real experience. The K8S and his vids have very unique value here on AF.

Listen pal, you're a little late to be running your keyboard muscles at the bash gotnitro party. I can explain it to you but I cant understand it for you.. I think you should go back a re-read the whole thread because differences have been resolved.. No one ever questioned his videos but thanks for trying to reignite a fire that was put out a while ago. Troll much? I simply made an observation and commented in which I now know I cant do without being flamed because of my post count. Have a great day! :cool:

Sometime tie rods can be hard to adjust. The rod can be very thighten in the plastic rod end and when you use a wrench as it should be used, the tie rod push the ball and the parts, where the ball is screwed in, in a bad way. It happens sometime, not often, that i prefer remove the tie rod to adjust it, as it is often adjusted for only one time, it isn't a big deal.

Listen pal, you're a little late to be running your keyboard muscles at the bash gotnitro party. I can explain it to you but I cant understand it for you.. I think you should go back a re-read the whole thread because differences have been resolved.. No one ever questioned his videos but thanks for trying to reignite a fire that was put out a while ago. Troll much? I simply made an observation and commented in which I now know I cant do without being flamed because of my post count. Have a great day! :cool:
Sorry about that. SRC is a friend and he was just trying to get my back. It's all good @SrC

I played you like a fiddle. And you danced.:ROFLMAO:

So anywho I still need to watch the video for how this servo works, no spoilers.

Sure as hell does, over a turnbuckle :rolleyes: Just take a wrench to it & move on. I have the integy set but never used them. I bought them on a whim cause they looked great but the moody set was always in my bag a hand reach away.

I played you like a fiddle. And you danced.:ROFLMAO:
Seriously, this is what discourages new people from joining and contributing. I am new here and really not sure if it's worth sticking around when people are judged by post count and flamed for each post.
One person had a few cold ones, one smoked a bowl, all apologized, and everything was good.
Frustrating...

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 33
One person had a few cold ones, one smoked a bowl
We don't just bash here, we blast! Swill swill swill ?. We're Arrma tough! cough cough cough ?. We've got the 411 on the 3s 6s 8s V1 V2 V3 V4 STX2 TT300 etc etc. Honestly, we're just a bunch of Outcasts, Notorious for making Limitless Infractions. Granite, (I know, I know. It's granted. Play along) we could all learn a lesson here. Sometimes when you're in the Mojave, it's better to stay under the Big Rock you crawled out of, or be forced to face the Talions of the Tsaagan (miss you Thomas P ?). The energy is extreme so beware of high Voltage. Senton Typhon Kraton (you try to use those) Arrma Forum we are. Mess with one, you mess with them all. Love you Ed!???
Turnbuckle wrenches are a game changer, I couldn't use an rc without them now, makes setup changes a breeze. I love the Hudy one's, that little ball is actually amazing, it really makes them a joy to use.

View attachment 61437
OMG! Where the f have you been? Hey guys, look who's home it's @Primarrma! How's it going brother?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back