Forged carbon parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip. I have come across that model a few times in my recent review searches.

Amazing! :love: Is that what became the carbon body?

The one that Raz is showing in his videos was 6 pieces.

old pointed nose design:
20200622_101559.jpg

New nose shape (more rounded and blunt)

plug.JPG

Clear coat 2 Capture.JPG

Dedication to the max! :love:
So the prints are easily sanded? Sometimes plastics are hard to sand.
Yes hatchbox PLA
Sands pretty good, it does clog up a little bit, but overall works well. You have to move around to avoid building up too much heat in one spot.

A lot of the actual smoothing is the body filler/glaze and the filler primer.

So you know I'm going to use all of this to show what can be done with a 3d printer to my fiancé as the last time I mentioned getting one I got 'the look' from her. :ROFLMAO:
I am an idiot when it comes to 3d printing. My CR10s pro just gets ran out of the box. I have never had to make adjustments when printing PLA. It wont print PETG and other materials correctly, so I just stick with what works.

I can certainly help with design in Fusion 360 (free hobbies edition)
and I can help with the post print process/mold making.

I am an idiot when it comes to 3d printing. My CR10s pro just gets ran out of the box. I have never had to make adjustments when printing PLA. It wont print PETG and other materials correctly, so I just stick with what works.

I can certainly help with design in Fusion 360 (free hobbies edition)
and I can help with the post print process/mold making.
Oh trust me if/when I get one I'll be asking all kinds of questions! :ROFLMAO:
I know the first two people to hit up when that day comes @LibertyMKiii & @rotauq (hint hint):p

One of the Best benefits of having your own 3D printer is the designing process. And, seeing your ideas come to life, right in front of your eyes.

You can iterate on a design til your hearts content.. After you create the "final" item/product and you're satisfied with it, you literally can take that CAD design to a more professional facility that has commercial/industrial production machines that turn your design into something mass production. If you wanted to.

One of the Best benefits of having your own 3D printer is the designing process. And, seeing your ideas come to life, right in front of your eyes.

You can iterate on a design til your hearts content.. After you create the "final" item/product and you're satisfied with it, you literally can take that CAD design to a more professional facility that has commercial/industrial production machines that turn your design into something mass production. If you wanted to.
Yep its true...this forum is a money trap!:ROFLMAO: That sounded like a freakin commercial!!(y):ROFLMAO:

Yep its true...this forum is a money trap!:ROFLMAO: That sounded like a freakin commercial!!(y):ROFLMAO:
Haha..
Perhaps I should turn that into my future business plan/jingle..

It can be a hard proces though. I made a start on the drawing diffuser. First of the original arrma diffuser/chassis connection is much more complex than it should be. On a friday night after a week of hard work my brain just tends to freeze up. Looking back at the yesterdays result i am certainly gonna have to start from scratch again.

I did however find a easy way to design moulds abusing the fusion 360 combine function to cut out any design from a big block

Here's a hidden secret...
Precise molds can be produced within an advanced slicer like Cura v4.10 (or newer)

Most folk don't realize how powerful that app is because of the simplistic looking interface (and basic settings at Default), however once you activate and look through its massive list of advanced features and functions tucked away, it's quite Overwhelming to see all the controls it has just under the hood..

Once you completed your design let me know, I'll walk you through how to produce the mold with that program. via google meet or zoom.

Here's a hidden secret...
Precise molds can be produced within an advanced slicer like Cura v4.10 (or newer)

Most folk don't realize how powerful that app is because of the simplistic looking interface (and basic settings at Default), however once you activate and look through its massive list of advanced features and functions tucked away, it's quite Overwhelming to see all the controls it has just under the hood..

Once you completed your design let me know, I'll walk you through how to produce the mold with that program. via google meet or zoom.

Sounds like a solid plan!

I fear the 3 part mould concept will be a different story.

Sounds like a solid plan!

I fear the 3 part mould concept will be a different story.

It could have been a 15-piece mold , doesn't really matter. As long as you accommodate for the undercuts on your part (if any) you can do just about anything..
Also, how big you want each piece to be or that your printer can handle.

Granted if the parts are too small or has "delicate" features than maybe it would not work...

I do believe with some learning curves you'll figure it all out and before you know it you'll be taking orders!(y):)
It must remain a hobby, so it's not like i intend to run a manufacturing workshop.
It could have been a 15-piece mold , doesn't really matter. As long as you accommodate for the undercuts on your part (if any) you can do just about anything..
Also, how big you want each piece to be or that your printer can handle.

Granted if the parts are too small or has "delicate" features than maybe it would not work...
I ment to say for the 3 piece technique as shown on the video, cura might not have the ideaal tools at hand and i already figured out how i can quite easily make the molds in fusion 360

My nereus does 320x320x400 so i can go quite large.

I do want to avoid large surfaces and delicate features on the first few attempts. Keeping it simple to learn the proces.

I've also solved my current hyper7 diffuser setup problem by simply cutting an old one in half. So stepping away from a (complex) diffuser to something else. Perhaps some simple rollcage-like frame piece that would fit in 200x100x100 mold setup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back