Colorado Fort Collins / Wellington

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drjim

Old And In The Way!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Senton 6s
E-Team Hobbyplex, the local "big" shop, has both indoor tracks and outdoor tracks.

The indoor tracks are located in their store, and the outdoor track is located North of the Owl Canyon Gliderport, North of Fort Collins, and West of Wellington.

I haven't been to the outdoor track, but the indoor tracks (off-road, road course, oval, and one for drones) looked nice, and since it's in a full-service hobby store, parts are at-hand should you bust something.

I have NO association with these guys other than being a satisfied customer.

- Jim

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
I was just out in Estes for a long weekend. Wish I would have had my Arrmas with me. Took the Mavic Pro but the winds were way too strong those days to fly.

Cool!

Did you go see The Stanley?
Don’t think so ??‍♂️ since I don’t know wtf that is ?

Did summit Deer Mountain, which is quite the accomplishment for a fat ass flat lander like me

AC4ED314-2D35-4620-A15A-FAE772E99803.jpeg

Welcome to Colorado!

"The Stanley" is the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. It was built and operated by the Freelan Stanley, of Stanley Steamer fame.

BUT.....it was the inspiration for Stephen's King's "The Shining", as he conceived the idea for the book while staying there.

Looks like Long's Peak in the background.

Last edited:
Welcome to Colorado!

"The Stanley" is the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. It was built and operated by the Freelan Stanley, of Stanley Steamer fame.

BUT.....it was the inspiration for Stephen's King's "The Shining", as he conceived the idea for the book while staying there.

Looks like Long's Peak in the background.
Ahhh yes I now I know what your talking about. I just knew it as the Shining hotel. We stayed at the Rocky Mountain Conference Center. ‘‘Twas a shithole. Wish I would have spent more time researching.

Ahhh yes I now I know what your talking about. I just knew it as the Shining hotel. We stayed at the Rocky Mountain Conference Center. ‘‘Twas a shithole. Wish I would have spent more time researching.

Oh, yeah....I've stayed in places like that! I usually look for a Quality Inn when I travel. The Stanley really plays up the Stephen King angle even though all he did the time he stayed there was get the idea for the book.

And The Stanley is rather expen$ive to stay at.....

Oh, yeah....I've stayed in places like that! I usually look for a Quality Inn when I travel. The Stanley really plays up the Stephen King angle even though all he did the time he stayed there was get the idea for the book.

And The Stanley is rather expen$ive to stay at.....
The sh!thole we stayed at wasn’t exactly cheap either. Almost $200 a night. It was the weekend of the Scottish festival, so it may have been due to that.

Community festivals have a way of driving prices up. Supply and demand and all that.

Did you get to see the Caber Toss?

It always reminded me of guys throwing telephone poles!
Nope we avoided all the hoopla and headed for them hills. ? We went for the hiking. Hit all the Bear Lake essentials on the first day and Deer Mountain, continental divide, and the Alpine VC on day 2. So much to do and not enough time. I could spend months there.

Yeah, if you like The Outdoors, it's a wonderful place to live.

After 35 years in SoCal living in the Concrete Canyons, I much prefer living here. We have plenty of canyons, but they're not made of concrete.

And the people are way cooler, too. 90% of the people you meet in Lost Angeleez are phony-baloneys just waiting to sell their next screen play, novel, or big tech idea.

FINALLY got my rear end up to the E-Team Hobbyplex store today for a "quick look around".

Left two hours later!

The staff is great, they have parts out the gazoo, and do LOTS of racing. I asked him about "Speed Run" cars and the runway for the original Fort Collins airport right next door, and he said they've done, but nobody was real interested in it, and they all thought it was kind of boring. He said they've had cars up to almost 100MPH on the street in front of the place, but that's about it.

But now I'm looking into building a "Vintage Trans Am" car to run thee. I found out I can get a body to match the car I raced Back In The Day, and I think it would be a gas to build a little car that looks my real race car.

And my wife has given me 100% support in this!

The track is set up as a carpet oval, but a couple of times a week they add some jumps and whoop-de-doos to it and rac off-road stuff, and I think he said there's a lot of Sentons on one of the days, so looks like I've found a cool place to hang out.

FINALLY got my rear end up to the E-Team Hobbyplex store today for a "quick look around".

Left two hours later!

The staff is great, they have parts out the gazoo, and do LOTS of racing. I asked him about "Speed Run" cars and the runway for the original Fort Collins airport right next door, and he said they've done, but nobody was real interested in it, and they all thought it was kind of boring. He said they've had cars up to almost 100MPH on the street in front of the place, but that's about it.

But now I'm looking into building a "Vintage Trans Am" car to run thee. I found out I can get a body to match the car I raced Back In The Day, and I think it would be a gas to build a little car that looks my real race car.

And my wife has given me 100% support in this!

The track is set up as a carpet oval, but a couple of times a week they add some jumps and whoop-de-doos to it and rac off-road stuff, and I think he said there's a lot of Sentons on one of the days, so looks like I've found a cool place to hang out.

Being in Denver, I want to check it out but that is still a drive for just "checkin it out" you know...

I may have to keep my eye open and see if like a group of peeps does a Meet Up or something in that area... Dang, I wish we had more spots like that closer to the city...!!! They all seem to be North, Ft Collins area or South, Colorado Springs area..

There's an on-road track in Lakewood: http://www.onroadcolorado.com/

And an INDOOR off-road track in Aurora: https://mhorrc.wixsite.com/mhorrc

I haven't been to either, as I'm in the opposite position that you are!

The e-Team outdoor off-road track is a good half-hour from here, East of Wellington, just north of the Owl Canyon gliderport. I'll probably take my Senton up there in the Spring when they open it up again.

Yea, Lakewood one is real time club members and running the 1/10 scales (Touring Cars?) I'm definitely not, lol. The Aurora track is just hard to hit up with there open hours and race hours. Wish for a couple more is all! Heh. Have fun tho!

My local guy said the 5280 track/clubhouse in Lakewood is where the guys go to practice for running regional and national events.

I'm a rank beginner in on-road electric stuff, and I'd probably be reeeal uncomfortable there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back