Forum newcomer & Graniteer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AntoniA77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
G'day from Australia!
I'm Anton, 22 and have found huge enjoyment out of owning my Granite bls.
Out of the box I couldn't contain myself with how well designed the whole truck was, powering through the manual, charging the battery and tightening screws, making sure I was ready to see if she went as well as it looked, and Christ was I impressed, it didn't take me long to find its quirks, 1 being it's ridiculous throttle response and slidey action, the next being the battery life, THEN THE ARDUOUS CHARGE RATE!!
I found the ridiculous acceleration to keep me on my toes, so much so that it took me a month to finally boost it into a metal pole, after replacing the broken bits, I went on to purchase an IMAX b680 ac charger and two extra 5000mAh NiMH 7 cells.
Three months on and I've sought alloy improvements, warn the back tires and have had 2 months down time from waiting on eBay parts.
My honest opinion is it's a great truck but it's over sized and over powered for the scale environment(1/10 scale = 10x scaled speed), it's a little more fragile than anticipated and has left me wanting more! I love it on all surfaces, it was exactly what I wanted at the time, a truck that drifts!!

I'm looking to get a full custom short course truck for around $2K
Though before that I'll be buying a blx Nero, because I've already spent close to $1000 in all on my granite!

On the additions list.
- new wheelsets and tyres
- aftermarket alloy hop ups (there are some on the market)
- some form of light bar
- fury conversion
-new servo and I'm looking into tightening the steering (have added full plastic mega control arms for more flex in accidents)
-heaps more but can't think of them at the moment.

Looking forward to hear your advise and thoughts on our arrma trucks and the whole rc off-road scene.
Cheers and shred hard!

Attachments

• 14763398198391568723562.jpg
    14763398198391568723562.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 33
Welcome to the addiction and to ArrmaForum @AntoniA77! I'm sure you're going to love the Nero when you end up buying one as so far the feedback here have been overwhelmingly positive. As for the short course truck have you taken a look at the Senton or do you have another truck in mind?

The Nero has been tried and tested, did a job for a client and turns out we both have arrma trucks! Though his being a Nero I figured I had to have one! Haha
As far as the short course truck goes, I have a few mismatched part orders like full sets of raider and fury arms, so I figured I'd interchange my granite to suit my environment,like its already a mad drift truck, might as well utilise it's modular design haha

Eventually I'll be dropping some serious dough on one of Instagram's @3lv1src complete custom trophy trucks,
Some things you look for can't be found in plastic, and if you're a serious enough contender to take on the limits of the scaled world(blister fingers) then you're going to need the right tig for the job! :)

I like to think I'm pretty good on the sticks, I've adjusted to my granite quite well(way less stacks) even managing straight line pulls on dirt at full throttle, and just for my liking itd go good with a detune to aid contolability haha

Eventually I'll be dropping some serious dough on one of Instagram's @3lv1src complete custom trophy trucks,
Some things you look for can't be found in plastic, and if you're a serious enough contender to take on the limits of the scaled world(blister fingers) then you're going to need the right tig for the job! :)
I'm not an instagram user - got any pictures of these trucks you can share?

These are just some examples, there are a few other companies also doing custom orders, just depends on the kind of workman ship your after, these guys put so much attention to detail into their work, results speak for themselves!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161013-232907_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20161013-232907_1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20161013-231737_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20161013-231737_1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20161013-231747_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20161013-231747_1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20161013-231803_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20161013-231803_1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20161013-232907_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20161013-232907_1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 30
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back