Forward Integy Shock Mod for Granite/Vorteks/Fury/Mojave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I had been trying to find a drop in replacement for my forward shocks on my Granite due to lackluster dampening and my upper caps coming loose. 78mm was the dimensions given and WoodiE suggested the Integy MSR11 c22912 in this forum. This shock comes with variable dampening, aluminum body and cap, and a diaphragm. Here are pics of the Integy with Arrma, modification needed and install pics

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
A Dremel tool w/ cutting wheel, index finger and a little patience will help a lot. Use your index finger to monitor temperature on the ball joint. It will burn you before you will damage the lower mount. It is made of composite so exercise caution here. This is also only necessary on the lower side so you aren't tempted into trimming out your A-arms.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Installed two washers under each upper mount which will come out when I fabricate my shock tower brace later...

I had been trying to find a drop in replacement for my forward shocks on my Granite due to lackluster dampening and my upper caps coming loose. 78mm was the dimensions given and WoodiE suggested the Integy MSR11 c22912 in this forum. This shock comes with variable dampening, aluminum body and cap, and a diaphragm. Here are pics of the Integy with Arrma, modification needed and install pics

View attachment 679 View attachment 680

View attachment 681 A Dremel tool w/ cutting wheel, index finger and a little patience will help a lot. Use your index finger to monitor temperature on the ball joint. It will burn you before you will damage the lower mount. It is made of composite so exercise caution here. This is also only necessary on the lower side so you aren't tempted into trimming out your A-arms.

View attachment 682 View attachment 683 View attachment 685 Installed two washers under each upper mount which will come out when I fabricate my shock tower brace later...
Maybe an update on the shock tower when u get it done!

Dimensionally it is about 3 mm longer at full compression than stock. I hadn't checked until now. Of course I am not ramping for air and distance either. That is what my friend "dashdontbesilent" and his son does. I modded a pair for his granite the same night I did mine. He seems very pleased with them. I was looking for something that could take any abuses that my yard and surrounding play areas could dish out. The truck sucks up bumps like a Cadillac on the front end now. Landings from a 3.5' deck are level and very smooth now. My wife is starting to really enjoy the truck too. She didn't care for the constant correction at speed before. Now she is frustrated that she zooms right past the fire ant mound that she intended to ramp/obliterate. Still, though not a perfect fit, the upgrade is well worth the small investment of money and time in my opinion.

Awesome. Cranius what oil weight would you recommend for bashing with these shocks. I just purchased the same set of shocks

I don't know enough about oil to recommend one. I have 30w in mine. Remember that these shocks give you three dampening options in the package.

20160203_152621.jpg
Maybe an update on the shock tower when u get it done!

Just finished the shock tower brace. Kinda liking the silver/brushed aluminum look better than red. I decided to clearance for body mount mounts. Think it looks more manly that way.
20160203_152621.jpg
1454532807044.jpg

I will be making another for a friend. I will put up better pics and dimensions. It is made with 2024-t3 aluminum extrusion. You can buy a piece at Lowes/Home Depot that is comparable. Weapons of choice for the fabrication? Cordless drill, Dremel tool (with cutting wheel and rotary file), #30 And 5/16" drill bits.

I will be making another for a friend. I will put up better pics and dimensions. It is made with 2024-t3 aluminum extrusion. You can buy a piece at Lowes/Home Depot that is comparable. Weapons of choice for the fabrication? Cordless drill, Dremel tool (with cutting wheel and rotary file), #30 And 5/16" drill bits.
@Cranius Maximus thanks for sharing. A step by step tutorial would be awesome!

Those Integy shocks are for the front. Is there any option for the rear shocks?.
About the ball joint. You have to dremel it to get it off or just to be the same as stock, so it can be put it into the arm.

The width of the ball joint has to be reduced or the space in the A-arm has to be increased. Since I never discount the possible Arrma made upgrade,I modded the shock. Rear shocks are available because there isn't any mounting issues due to clearance in upper or lower A-arms. Integy makes a 98mm shock in the MSR11 line if you want a matching set. I haven't upgraded my rears because I haven't popped any caps loose yet. That being said, traction is becoming an issue as my driving ability improves. Shocks can help almost as much as tires in that regard and require a lot less effort. Should I ever go brushless, tires will be a must upgrade.

Last edited:
T
Can't you just use the end off the stock shock and put it on the new shock?
The shaft diameter of the integy is larger than the Arrma. I haven't measured the diameter but it is noticeable. Arrma has shocks with larger diameter shafts for the Talion, Typhon, Senton and Kraton. It might be worth researching if you want to piece a shock together. I also have stated previously that the ball joint could possibly be pressed out of the Arrma lower and installed in the Integys. Being that it is a composite lower, I didn't want to destroy one to find out. If the retainer has an adhesive in addition to a press fit, I can almost guarantee a destroyed part. Acetone is fantastic for adhesive removal. I likes to eat composites/acrylics too so that option is out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back