Kraton Forward throttle is now reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calabiyau

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
On my v2 Kraton, after upgrading my servo and performing maintenance on my center diff, my forward throttle now spins the wheels in reverse. Have read through all the threads I could find on this and know my motor wires are correct and steering, throttle and fan plugs are all going into the receiver correctly.
Leaving two things to check/verify.
1) could I have rebuilt the center diff backwards (saw this mentioned in a thread but don’t even know how I could do that)
2) on the transmitter, according to the manual the default setting for throttle switch is Rev. Mine is in forward position but don’t remember changing it unless it was accidental. When I set it to Rev, forward throttle works fine.
Should I let it go since it works when set to Rev or check something else?

1) no, you can't build a center diff backwards to cause any issues. On some vehicles, you can put the front/rear diffs in backwards and this will cause the issue. I'm not sure if you can do that in the arrma's though. Some diff cases have little things in the way to stop you from doing that and I can't recall if my outcast diff cases had anything in there for that. Regardless, that's for front/rear diffs only.

2) likely you flipped the switch accidentally. However, there is a setting in the esc that switching rotation, setting #5. So, if it feels unusually slow when your going forward, you may have altered that setting and are actually driving in "reverse". My bashing buddy had his in his talion wired wrong to the motor and had the esc in reverse. He had been driving at 50% for a very long time and didn't know it. He asked me why his truck seemed so much faster in reverse... after that realization, he then switched the esc setting, wired the motor properly and blew his tires off the rims. lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back