Found a good condition Nero Big Rock worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the diff brain remote. All neros came with that remote. There is a knob at the top that you twist to lock/unlock the diffs. MY Fazon has that remote as the stock remote and still uses it.
Your probably right. I was looking for the chart that's normally on the top that shows the positions but all the pictures are angled so you can't see that sticker.

There's the servo wire for the rear diff
Screenshot_2023-01-12-08-40-25-962-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

There so little info about it if it buy it would be a figure the issue fix it yourself kind of thing. Baterry tray pops off. I guess the positive if its not my truck i can work on it make it top clean and nice like new and sell it for a higher price than i bough it. I kinda think like a bussiness man so i try to minimize my loses
Battery tray pops off?? I believe that's a simple fix ..and not anything to worry about..I'm sure there are other more complicated things that could go wrong and that's part of the hobby.youll be fine

Message the seller and ASK if it has the diff brain.
I thought there was only one big rock
It's probably not a diff brain Nero. You can tell by the remote. So either it was removed or never had it. But I believe all the bigrocks had diff brain. Could be this one's stopped working so he took it out??
Ur right
That is the diff brain remote. All neros came with that remote. There is a knob at the top that you twist to lock/unlock the diffs. MY Fazon has that remote as the stock remote and still uses it.
E8082A52-C61B-4389-8DB4-118C1368231A.png

Its a normal tactic remote

Its the right remote and has diff brain he going ti get it at his challet this weekend and going to give me more info about it and the spares he has
It isn't "a normal tactic remote", it has the knob. This is the Big Rock 6s (different than the 4x4). The 4x4 was based off of the 6s.View attachment 269269
I thought the switches were at the back not the front

Hello there! I’m the seller of this ad! Wow, I feel privileged to be discussed here. I can confirm this truck has fully functional diff brain and everything is in its original condition. Replaced parts through regular uses and tear. If you have any questions let me know!

Correct me if I'm wrong..but didn't arrma make only 3 kinds of big rocks.v2 v3 and the Nero? Oh then there is mine but that's one of kind 🤟😁👍
yeah this is the nero big rock
Hello there! I’m the seller of this ad! Wow, I feel privileged to be discussed here. I can confirm this truck has fully functional diff brain and everything is in its original condition. Replaced parts through regular uses and tear. If you have any questions let me know!
im the one who pm you asking about the stuff mentioned above

Ik that this one your thinking of buying is the Nero because I'm very familiar with the body's..v2 came in blue v3 blx 3s came in black and the Nero also came in black but has decals on the door panels and rear tail gate decals are different other than that Nero shares the same body as v2 and v3...can you have the seller send you a photo of inside the chassis.meaning the electronics? I'd like to see .I only see a photo of the truck it self but for your protection anyone can slap a body with Nero decals on it and claim it's a Nero and I'd hate to see you get disappointed when you receive it..just make sure it's what it is .ask for photos..don't get scammed.not saying the seller is not a reputable one but I'm just looking out for a fellow arrma member🤟😁👍
Yeah, but there’s only one unique big rock, the Nero Big Rock. The rest are catch up attempts to revive its soul…with mitigated results.
Incorrect..the only true unique Big Papa XX long Rock is mine ..I stand behind my claim all day all night 🤟😁👍
Definition of unique 👉 equals one of a kind ..Nero was mass produced.

Last edited:
Ik that this one your thinking of buying is the Nero because I'm very familiar with the body's..v2 came in blue v3 blx 3s came in black and the Nero also came in black but has decals on the door panels and rear tail gate decals are different other than that Nero shares the same body as v2 and v3...can you have the seller send you a photo of inside the chassis.meaning the electronics? I'd like to see .I only see a photo of the truck it self but for your protection anyone can slap a body with Nero decals on it and claim it's a Nero and I'd hate to see you get disappointed when you receive it..just make sure it's what it is .ask for photos..don't get scammed.not saying the seller is not a reputable one but I'm just looking out for a fellow arrma member🤟😁👍

Incorrect..the only true unique Big Papa XX long Rock is mine ..I stand behind my claim all day all night 🤟😁👍
Definition of unique 👉 equals one of a kind ..Nero was mass produced.
He posted pics of the underneath in the very first post. It's definitely a Nero. That's not even in question.
1673574907556.png

My apologies for being a blind ass👉😎
Yes it is ..a beeeeutiful Nero🤟😁👍
@Surchaufeur I'm not sure what type of basher you are .if you plan on jumping , flipping , driving on dirt and mud or water or any other thing than just on road I'd say if you didn't make up your mind yet as to buying it I'd say go for it.and if your a on road guy like my self then start a speed build off of it.so many things you can do .it's already 6s so that's something to consider.plenty of power for whatever you do..if you went for road speed there are a lot of components you would need to change.but it's the fun of it .you can do whatever you want ..😁🤟

Last edited:
Yeah, but there’s only one unique big rock, the Nero Big Rock. The rest are catch up attempts to revive its soul…with mitigated results.
I wish they would truly revive it but without that suspension its not a nero
@Surchaufeur I'm not sure what type of basher you are .if you plan on jumping , flipping , driving on dirt and mud or water or any other thing than just on road I'd say if you didn't make up your mind yet as to buying it I'd say go for it.and if your a on road guy like my self then start a speed build off of it.so many things you can do .it's already 6s so that's something to consider.plenty of power for whatever you do..if you went for road speed there are a lot of components you would need to change.but it's the fun of it .you can do whatever you want ..😁🤟
Im planning to take it at the same spots i go with my exbs and torture them and they never break(90% stock). But with the big rock im planning if i get it to not try do backflips do some jumps but controlled air like not trying to backflip it. I want to save the body so ima try to reinforce the best i can the body. Its a piece of history so its going to baby it
The issue might be my parents who just hate rcs and i failed to sell my old v1 kraton 4s in parts maybe i should rebuild it and sell it as a roller. I have 4 rcs right now.
I have a felony i converted into a corvette. Im designing some basic stuff for it that the market doesn't offer or cost an arm to buy. Going to update my build thread on it

Last edited:
I’d buy it. That is a great price for a Big Rock. You still can get parts off EBay. There are some Nero forums on Facebook that you can buy parts off other owners as well. I live in Canada as well and I found parts for mine.

Or buy it and then sell off the parts. The diff brain, receiver box and body are not made anymore and some people would pay good money for them.

Last edited:
There so little info about it if it buy it would be a figure the issue fix it yourself kind of thing. Baterry tray pops off. I guess the positive if its not my truck i can work on it make it top clean and nice like new and sell it for a higher price than i bough it. I kinda think like a bussiness man so i try to minimize my loses
The limited info and discontinuation are part of the same issue. There was copyright infringement involved with the shock layout and the Traxxas Revo, and the Nero was taken out of production. Not sure how the suit turned out, but Nero disappeared, until recently, and is now redesigned. They are tough trucks with tons of power, wheelie kings, but have common weaknesses, and parts are very limited, at least on the originals. I have a buddy that keeps trying to get me to buy his, but I am hesitant to pay new car money for something with limited parts availability.

The limited info and discontinuation are part of the same issue. There was copyright infringement involved with the shock layout and the Traxxas Revo, and the Nero was taken out of production. Not sure how the suit turned out, but Nero disappeared, until recently, and is now redesigned. They are tough trucks with tons of power, wheelie kings, but have common weaknesses, and parts are very limited, at least on the originals. I have a buddy that keeps trying to get me to buy his, but I am hesitant to pay new car money for something with limited parts availability.
The lawsuit was won by traxxas. That is why HH bought out hobbico. Hobbico was bankrupt.

I wouldn't say limited parts availability, more limited upgradeability.

“The new ones” what do you mean?? I went trought the whole part lists and only the radio box, motor, body, diff brain module and tires that are discontinued
The steering bellcrank also discontinued but hot racing makes some

The steering bellcrank also discontinued but hot racing makes some
I didn't know it was discontinued.

Also Arrma still makes these parts. I have seen many out of stock items for the nero, but they are all back in stock. Also when the nero was first produced, arrma used the first design on their parts tab on the bag, now nero parts are made with the new product design.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back