Found a Nero 6s for sale on bookface

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want a Raider but it’s not even near me! :(

Sorry man. Not sure how close it is to me either honestly. I just know that the nero and raider are sought after by some.
They both seem interesting to me but I already have enough discontinued rc's in my closet😂

The way I end up with vintage rigs is by never selling the ones I have over the years.
Personally I cant justify Buying something that is already vintage. I like to drive all my rigs. Never felt Buying vintage is any solid investment or return. I buy them to have fun driving them. But many do collect these for the shelf. Rather fill my shelf with stuff I use. I don't want static models.:LOL:
Just me.

The way I end up with vintage rigs is by never selling the ones I have over the years.
Personally I cant justify Buying something that is already vintage. I like to drive all my rigs. Never felt Buying vintage is any solid investment or return. I buy them to have fun driving them. But many do collect these for the shelf. Rather fill my shelf with stuff I use. I don't want static models.:LOL:
Just me.
Totally agree with you. After 35 years in and out of the hobby AND my reluctance to sell anything 😁.. I have quite a few that have become static. All complete and COULD run.. But yeah, it's never a good idea to buy a discontinued model to actually use. Almost did that with the nomad db8. Glad I didn't..

And I agree the Nomad was a nice rig at one time. I eyed that one also. But refused to buy another TA rig ever again.
I was always a TA guy years spast. Got me into the hobby at the track. where I started.
Since ThunderTiger bought TA, they sell rigs that come and go. Discontinue real quick if they don't sell enough of them. And their RTR stuff is nothing to brag about. Just Thundertiger rebranded stuff. To me that is not being responsible to the RC hobbyist. Not good business in general. When they discontinue the model, they will also sell off all the parts immediately to vendors that mark them up, instead of keeping them available directly from TA. (n)
My last TA rig was a SCT ProSe 4x4. In 2017. My sons rig. He wanted it badly. Within 6 months I couldn't get Anything for it. And there wasn't even aftermarket upgrade support. It wasn't out long enough for anyone to want to support parts for it. Great light SCT that it was. Super fast. Just crappy electrics as usual for a RTR rig. It sits in barely running condition. I cant get diff gears for it.
I called TA so many times. Telling me to wait for parts to come in. Then I noticed on the website. Discontinued.(n)(n) Parts all gone. Called them back and they said SOL. 6 month old rig. TA told me they sold all the parts to vendors. TA sells off all the parts at a super discount when the Kit is discontinued. Found one complete Diff for close to $100. marked up on Ebay. Need 2 of them. I passed. I am not stupid enough to spend $200. for 2 diffs. An $18. item. Screw TA and ALL their stuff now. I took the loss.
Once a kit is discontinued, parts can be sold for whatever they want over MSRP.

Last edited:
And I agree the Nomad was a nice rig at one time. I eyed that one also. But refused to buy another TA rig ever again.
I was always a TA guy years spast. Got me into the hobby at the track. where I started.
Since ThunderTiger bought TA, they sell rigs that come and go. Discontinue real quick if they don't sell enough of them. And their RTR stuff is nothing to brag about. Just Thundertiger rebranded stuff. To me that is not being responsible to the RC hobbyist. Not good business in general. When they discontinue the model, they will also sell off all the parts immediately to vendors that mark them up, instead of keeping them available directly from TA. (n)
My last TA rig was a SCT ProSe 4x4. In 2017. My sons rig. He wanted it badly. Within 6 months I couldn't get Anything for it. And there wasn't even aftermarket upgrade support. It wasn't out long enough for anyone to want to support parts for it. Great light SCT that it was. Super fast. Just crappy electrics as usual for a RTR rig. It sits in barely running condition. I cant get diff gears for it.
I called TA so many times. Telling me to wait for parts to come in. Then I noticed on the website. Discontinued.(n)(n) Parts all gone. Called them back and they said SOL. 6 month old rig. TA told me they sold all the parts to vendors. TA sells off all the parts at a super discount when the Kit is discontinued. Found one complete Diff for close to $100. marked up on Ebay. Need 2 of them. I passed. I am not stupid enough to spend $200. for 2 diffs. An $18. item. Screw TA and ALL their stuff now. I took the loss.
Once a kit is discontinued, parts can be sold for whatever they want over MSRP.
Can't blame ya for being pissed at TA(TT).. I'd be sour too.
It's such a common theme in so many consumer goods unfortunately..
One of few things I do like about Traxxas..of course it's for their benefit more than end users(IMO) since they still sell rigs(and parts) that were introduced 20 years ago!! Largely unchanged too🤣

I alway liked the Nero, before the Hobbico/Trx fiasco. Then I got cold feet as Trx won the lawsuit.
I didn't want to chance another discontinued rig again. And the Nero is very bloated with technology, Diff brain etc. None available. All gone.
Too frustrating for me. But hey we all do RC differently. Whatever floats your boat.
Can't blame ya for being pissed at TA(TT).. I'd be sour too.
It's such a common theme in so many consumer goods unfortunately..
One of few things I do like about Traxxas..of course it's for their benefit more than end users(IMO) since they still sell rigs(and parts) that were introduced 20 years ago!! Largely unchanged too🤣
Yes I agree, Trx is smart in this regard.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back