Ohio Found a new bash site today... (maybe?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
So I went on a short hike with my GF today at a local park and came across an area I had never seen before. It’s a sand dune area with lots of hills and elevation. It was completely empty, not a single person out there but us. I’m sure in warmer weather there are people out there but this is a pretty big area and I’m sure I could find space anyways.

Oak Openings Preserve Metro Park:
https://goo.gl/maps/AAGPV6kSzgy7FfNQ9

Waypoint for the map below:
https://goo.gl/maps/X8SweXY92N4DpyRy8

EADCFCC6-5686-4A0B-8893-E2027708DFF3.png

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Looks like a fun spot, tons of development in the Columbus area suburbs, you can drive about any direction with a couple charged packs and find 4 or 5 construction/new home build sites to run at pretty easy.

What do you guys think about these rules?

8285EAB5-FC85-400A-944A-DDD10F8A54C5.jpeg

Does that sound like they are restricting nitro only? They said engine-powered and noise making devices. Wonder if motor powered electric rigs would be exempt?

Ask for forgiveness not permission?

Geez, is there like a yellow spotted migratory owl population or something up there? Just tell the board it’s similar to a Prius but smaller & you should be good to go... Honestly, as a state taxpayer I wouldn’t pay any board a fee to use what you already pay for every year. The sad reality is the “limited occasions” would probably be 1hr a week in between outdoor yoga & birdspotter 101 class.

@jondilly1974 did you ever have any luck here? New-ish to the RC world and live in Sylvania. I have just been going to Southview/Northveiw HS fields and Olander since its across the street from me.

The way it's worded, I would say electric is fine. Engine is fuel powered, motor is electric (quiet compared to combustion engines). I'd say you are within the guidelines.

@jondilly1974 did you ever have any luck here? New-ish to the RC world and live in Sylvania. I have just been going to Southview/Northveiw HS fields and Olander since its across the street from me.
Nope. Never tried. The places I go is Pacesetter Park, Homecoming Park, and TARCAR. Let me know if you ever wanna meet up when the weather is a little better. I live near TARCAR and can meet you there for a bash sesh.

Nice, really close! I’m right next to south view. I’m currently “working the kinks out” of my senton 3s...aka driving in the worst conditions and finding its weak points. Took it in the snowy streets today and the servo finally gave way. Purchased an amazon one you recommended in an older thread. I will certainly have to meet up with you once it warms up and I build up spme
Spares for my truck. Have anything you’re looking to sell?

Nice, really close! I’m right next to south view. I’m currently “working the kinks out” of my senton 3s...aka driving in the worst conditions and finding its weak points. Took it in the snowy streets today and the servo finally gave way. Purchased an amazon one you recommended in an older thread. I will certainly have to meet up with you once it warms up and I build up spme
Spares for my truck. Have anything you’re looking to sell?
Can you please post the link to the servo you got? I'm looking for a new one too.

Nope. Never tried. The places I go is Pacesetter Park, Homecoming Park, and TARCAR. Let me know if you ever wanna meet up when the weather is a little better. I live near TARCAR and can meet you there for a bash sesh.
Toledo is only a 30 minute drive or so for me and I'm usually there once or twice a month for craft beer runs. Wouldn't mind taking a couple packs and my EXB down for a bash session. What's TARCAR?

Toledo is only a 30 minute drive or so for me and I'm usually there once or twice a month for craft beer runs. Wouldn't mind taking a couple packs and my EXB down for a bash session. What's TARCAR?
TARCAR is an 1/8 scale RC track. Absolutely I would meet up and bash. As soon as all this snow melts and there is decent weather, I will be back in action. Hard to bash in a foot of old snow tho.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Race-Track/TARCAR-431406860283845/

Went to TARCAR on a whim last weekend. I always thought running on a track with jumps would be simple...after a few dives into the front of a landing, i stayed on the oval track. Haha.

My dad stopped by the sand dunes at oak openings and said there are signs for it being a protected bird nesting area so we decided not to chance that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back