Big Rock Got my first Arrma Nero bigrock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow great job on cleaning! Looks like brand new
Not quite its going to get even cleaner tomorrow! Theres a lot of spots like in the lipo tray and little places where i just cannot clean with a brush and soap. I hope the ultrasonic cleaner works. I want this car and my other cars now to be extra clean when i do maintenance checks. I don't like to see my gearbox full of humid mud that never dries because of grease and oils i have a product that makes my plastic more dirt repealent but it doesn't work as well because my parts are just never truly fully clean

Not quite its going to get even cleaner tomorrow! Theres a lot of spots like in the lipo tray and little places where i just cannot clean with a brush and soap. I hope the ultrasonic cleaner works. I want this car and my other cars now to be extra clean when i do maintenance checks. I don't like to see my gearbox full of humid mud that never dries because of grease and oils i have a product that makes my plastic more dirt repealent but it doesn't work as well because my parts are just never truly fully clean

I find that there are some parts that no matter how hard I try I cannot get them 100% clean.

The ultra sonic cleaner does miracles. 15 mins from grease to none. It wasnt qorking at full power because i didnt "degass" my solution. Ut once u did my cleaning got better. Car is back into bits also cleaned the hardware and balsted it with some silicone spray

20230204_230556.jpg

20230204_230531.jpg

20230204_231026.jpg

20230205_204351.jpg

20230205_204108.jpg

20230204_231503.jpg

16756479749425815948369231504625.jpg

Something must be wrong with mine because nothing I clean comes out like that.

The rear is complete
20230205_235833.jpg
Something must be wrong with mine because nothing I clean comes out like that.
I used citrus concentrate cleaner in a tiny jar. Didnt work that well at the begining because i didnt degass the solution. 15-20mins it was shiny like that with the rest of the diff.

Despite saying safe for aluminum it made it very dull. Shouldnt matter but for the next time im going to use electric cleaner as the main solution in the jar. Ik cleaning anodized aluminum is a big no inside a ultra sonic cleaner. Or another cleaner aluminum safe

The rods in the car have a diameter of 7.2mm and the new ones i bough are 8mm thick. So the nero big rock didnt come with bigger rod ends? I thought the fazon and big rock both did.
20230206_013456.jpg
20230206_013411.jpg
20230206_013435.jpg

Cut a 1mm thick tpu print sheet i made and cut it to the size i needed and i used shoe goo to cover the wire guide down. It has a little foam pad but because im not running the diff brain in the rear the gap is big enough for dirt to get in. This fix should solve that
20230206_203237.jpg

The front one comes trought the bulkhead while the rear doesn't kinda weird

16757337747068526839778308989224.jpg

Traxxas makes a drive pin (for their e-revo) that fits these cars well. I don't remember the PN# though.

Replace all drive pins with Traxxas p/n 5145. Direct bolt-on.
Theres also mud guards available from arrma for it. But i prefer to make my own. Makes me be more used to designing in CAD and costs pennies to make.

I design and print my own parts too (I own a Bambu Lab X1 Carbon). But some parts are not worth it to be honest. Those Arrma mud guard are awesome and I highly recommend them.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/dirt-guard-set-nero/ARAC4016.html

Last edited:
I cannot get the undestructible russian body for my nero.. does not ship to canada.

Why discontinue the bodies
Such a pain in the ass for everyone that owns these trucks. The nodies were not part of the list of what to destroy or was it?
I have a brand new Russian Nero body if you’re interested.
Im getting an ultrasonic cleaner tomorrow. it should clean all my plastic better, better than my back and hands ever could
So it should a lot better than what my poor back and hands could achieve
I have a whole diff to clean, i hope it can break it down like magic and spare me all the mess! My sink is hell right now
The ultra sonic cleaner works great with the right solution and heat. I clean rc parts and firearm components with zero effort… come out sparkling clean.

Last edited:
Ik cleaning anodized aluminum is a big no inside a ultra sonic cleaner. Or another cleaner aluminum safe
I disagree. I’ve cleaned many different grades of aluminum in my ultra sonic and never had any issues with getting a dull finish. I use a mixture of 60% Simple Green Heavy Duty and 40% hot (65 deg) water with a few drops of Dawn dish soap. Numero uno👌🏻
I find that there are some parts that no matter how hard I try I cannot get them 100% clean.
How so? Please elaborate

I disagree. I’ve cleaned many different grades of aluminum in my ultra sonic and never had any issues with getting a dull finish. I use a mixture of 60% Simple Green Heavy Duty and 40% hot (65 deg) water with a few drops of Dawn dish soap. Numero uno👌🏻

How so? Please elaborate
I used zep citrus at 100%. Used once dawn and it started to rust my parts while cleaning. It was the green dawn. I should have taken a pic but where the citrus cleaner level was it left a water mark on the aluminum cup.
@slick2500 do you hear a high pitch noise and the water doing funny things? If you hear nothing the ultrasonic part might have ungled itself from the tub
One of the servos had its wires isoluation broken on all 3 because the top cover pulls the servo with it. Decided to fix it but it no longer works i think it might have not worked frkm the begining.

Decided to test the diff brains the front diff would buzz when its ublocked and would buzz and stop randomly. Then i followed the calibration manual someone posted here and the buzz is gone. They only buzz now if the goles are not lined up. A sucess overall. These are 6 year olf servos. 1 out of the 3 dead or that i killed is not too bad. I have one in spare brand new

20230206_221917.jpg

Screenshot_20230206-211401_Drive.jpg

The center diff and transmissions are the last thing to do now. Still waiting for those new motor bearings

Last edited:
Im tempted to open the rear diff again and put the diff brain in but reverse it with the wiring so that i get 2 crawling modes transforming drift mode into crawl mode with front and center diff locked and fully locked will lock the rear
God dammit me i can never decide

Not that you don’t know the difference between steel and plastic but are you sure?? That hurts my eyes if true
I used my snips left a mark on it
Not that you don’t know the difference between steel and plastic but are you sure?? That hurts my eyes if true
Tadaa
20230207_104858.jpg

Contact Arrma with those pics. Even with the Nero is discontinued, they should still honor the warranty due to manufacturer's defects.

How so? Please elaborate
They literally do not come clean in my ultra sonic cleaner even after running for 40 minutes. I've tried dawn, straight simple green, even in a jar of Naphtha and my diff parts still come out dirty.

40 minutes in the ultrasonic cleaner with dawn dish soap mixed with simple green with the heat on.

1675827866230.jpeg

I used zep citrus at 100%. Used once dawn and it started to rust my parts while cleaning. It was the green dawn. I should have taken a pic but where the citrus cleaner level was it left a water mark on the aluminum cup.
@slick2500 do you hear a high pitch noise and the water doing funny things? If you hear nothing the ultrasonic part might have ungled itself from the tub
One of the servos had its wires isoluation broken on all 3 because the top cover pulls the servo with it. Decided to fix it but it no longer works i think it might have not worked frkm the begining.

Decided to test the diff brains the front diff would buzz when its ublocked and would buzz and stop randomly. Then i followed the calibration manual someone posted here and the buzz is gone. They only buzz now if the goles are not lined up. A sucess overall. These are 6 year olf servos. 1 out of the 3 dead or that i killed is not too bad. I have one in spare brand new

View attachment 276259

View attachment 276260
The center diff and transmissions are the last thing to do now. Still waiting for those new motor bearings
It buzzes and you can see the water vibrating.
Contact Arrma with those pics. Even with the Nero is discontinued, they should still honor the warranty due to manufacturer's defects.
The warranty was only 2 years, even for manufacture defects, unless he just bought the parts new.

And why did I not get any notifications from this?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back