Big Rock Got my first Arrma Nero bigrock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They literally do not come clean in my ultra sonic cleaner even after running for 40 minutes. I've tried dawn, straight simple green, even in a jar of Naphtha and my diff parts still come out dirty.

40 minutes in the ultrasonic cleaner with dawn dish soap mixed with simple green with the heat on.

View attachment 276522

It buzzes and you can see the water vibrating.

The warranty was only 2 years, even for manufacture defects, unless he just bought the parts new.

And why did I not get any notifications from this?
They warranty new parts too. They warrantied my defective bodies with a buldge on them(corvette c8)
I bought it at my hobbyshop

They warranty new parts too. They warrantied my defective bodies with a buldge on them(corvette c8)
I bought it at my hobbyshop
Yeah that is why I said unless you bought them new.

They literally do not come clean in my ultra sonic cleaner even after running for 40 minutes. I've tried dawn, straight simple green, even in a jar of Naphtha and my diff parts still come out dirty.

40 minutes in the ultrasonic cleaner with dawn dish soap mixed with simple green with the heat on.

View attachment 276522

It buzzes and you can see the water vibrating.

The warranty was only 2 years, even for manufacture defects, unless he just bought the parts new.

And why did I not get any notifications from this?
Does not hurt to try. I sure as hell would.

Buy a new set and then show them this one. No one is the wiser😉

Car is almost fully back togueter i have the transmission back in. The motor its really hard ti turn by hand. The motor the neros came with are far superior than the blx 2050 and the spektrum 2050kv.
Im now qorking on the suspension. Hobao parts are no where ro be found in canada and it would cost a little fortune to get the spring retainers with the tiny shock rod ends i decided tackle the issue with what i have
I took the nero rod ends and decided to shave them down with a rotary tool til they are 6.8-7mm in diameter so that the other longer apring merches fit
Then proceeded to send a flat spot on the spring perch. I have now gained full suspension travel on the rear
20230216_023828.jpg
20230216_023836.jpg
20230216_024051.jpg
20230216_030259.jpg
20230216_032239.jpg

Last edited:
The shock started to get pretty wet after putting oring grease on the shafts. Decided to strip all the shocks and clean them deeply with my ultrasonic cleaner. Saved the oil on a clean oil bottle. Bought a rebuild kid for the shocks but didnt end up using itm the o rings were a bit swollen but not hard or anything.

Used oring grease on the orings and the shocks are now leak free. Ended up reusing the old oil who was crystal clear. Ended up using front kraton shock springs in the rear and fireteam front springs on the front who are a bit stiffer. I might buy another pair because the kraton ones might not be strong enough. I wanted to go for a slightly stiffer front and softer rear. The front is at 1/4 preload to have a slight front angle while the rear if fulky compressed
20230309_025034.jpg
20230309_025039.jpg

The 75mm springs who went from 24lbs stock to 17lbs were still way too stiff. Felt like springs shocks. Now with these springs they are maybe over damped with 2 k oil

20230308_210617.jpg

Last edited:
The shock started to get pretty wet after putting oring grease on the shafts. Decided to strip all the shocks and clean them deeply with my ultrasonic cleaner. Saved the oil on a clean oil bottle. Bought a rebuild kid for the shocks but didnt end up using itm the o rings were a bit swollen but not hard or anything.

Used oring grease on the orings and the shocks are now leak free. Ended up reusing the old oil who was crystal clear. Ended up using frnt kratoj shock springs jn the rear and fireteam front springs on the front who are a bit stiffer. I might buy another pair because they might not be strong enough. I wanted to go for a slightly stiffer front and softer rear. The rear is at 1/4 preload to have a slight front angle.View attachment 284131View attachment 284132View attachment 284133
The 75mm springs who went from 24lbs stock to 17lbs were still way too stiff. Felt like springs shocks. Now with these springs they are maybe over damped with 2 k oil
Can’t wait to see your maiden run with this thing!

Can’t wait to see your maiden run with this thing!
I removed the paint from where the clear stickers were to have simulate a clear black stripe in the middle. After a lot of scrubbing i got it done. Painted the inside of the body black. Planning on making roof protectors
20230309_025129.jpg

What ever happened with the diffs? Did you end up packing them with grease or sealed them/used oil?

What’s going on with this build? Have you run her?

I changed the shock fluid from 2000cst 1.2mm piston to 1.3mm pistons. It went from stiff to maybe too smooth. It has similar stiffness or a little bit more compared to my kraton 6s exb. Going to see how it goes on the test runs. Here are some pictures
20230322_185930(0).jpg
20230322_185814.jpg
20230322_185714.jpg
20230324_004257.jpg

20230322_185920.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back