Outcast Found out the hard way(battery tray screws)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenRibGreg

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 6s
I bought a 6s battery recently with my new outcast and got two full uses out of it..the 3rd time I went to go charge It the charger was saying ‘balance check dlta v”..brought it back to the hobby shop and said one cell was low and they could warranty it for me...i left with a new one I was able to test and use and it was fine,did some bashing and then went to charge it for a second time it’s saying same error as the first bum battery they gave me did..what are the chances of two bum batteries that stop working in my truck only after 2-3 uses?I also use 2-3s batteries and they haven’t stopped working..I came across the thread on the long screw lengths in the battery tray and sure enough...it felt flush at first,but then with a little downward pressure to simulate a landing it stuck right up...checked the batteries and sure enough screw dents in all of em..I’m thinking the screw dent is damaging the cell and it’s not a faulty battery..glad I found this sooner than later..I just backed the screw out a little and softened the tray with a thin piece of rubber I cut out from an old otter box cell phone case..

Attachments

• 08892EDD-B719-4BE9-964C-3CD651661933.jpeg
    08892EDD-B719-4BE9-964C-3CD651661933.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 92
I never thought to even check that on my outcast. I have a few dents in my soft packs from small rocks. Haven't noticed anything else though, but will be checking my tray screws.

I bought a 6s battery recently with my new outcast and got two full uses out of it..the 3rd time I went to go charge It the charger was saying ‘balance check dlta v”..brought it back to the hobby shop and said one cell was low and they could warranty it for me...i left with a new one I was able to test and use and it was fine,did some bashing and then went to charge it for a second time it’s saying same error as the first bum battery they gave me did..what are the chances of two bum batteries that stop working in my truck only after 2-3 uses?I also use 2-3s batteries and they haven’t stopped working..I came across the thread on the long screw lengths in the battery tray and sure enough...it felt flush at first,but then with a little downward pressure to simulate a landing it stuck right up...checked the batteries and sure enough screw dents in all of em..I’m thinking the screw dent is damaging the cell and it’s not a faulty battery..glad I found this sooner than later..I just backed the screw out a little and softened the tray with a thin piece of rubber I cut out from an old otter box cell phone case..

Might be a stupid question.. But.. Why are they dent in different locations? Im thinkin: screws are in same place all the time.. Batteries strapped in same way.. So they must get those dents in same places.. Right?

All I know is no more soft packs for me. I bash to hard and I end up bending and denting them. They puff and out they go.

All I know is no more soft packs for me. I bash to hard and I end up bending and denting them. They puff and out they go.
What packs do you run? Just single 6S or dual 3S? In either case, which do you go with?

I'm kind of stuck running 2x3S as I have other trucks that run saddle packs.

What packs do you run? Just single 6S or dual 3S? In either case, which do you go with?

I'm kind of stuck running 2x3S as I have other trucks that run saddle packs.
I run dual 3s packs so if one dies the other goes to one of my 3s trucks. I'm not sure which hard packs I'll go with.

I run dual 3s packs so if one dies the other goes to one of my 3s trucks. I'm not sure which hard packs I'll go with.
Ah, you said "no more for me". I missed that and thought you were running hard case already.

Ah, you said "no more for me". I missed that and thought you were running hard case already.
The 4s packs I run for my SRR are hard packs. Those are Dynamite. I also bought a 3s dynamite from @Yonic that I like a lot.

I've heard of this before so keep an eye on that. I have all hard packs and this is one reason why.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back