Found this in my motor today....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Was wrenching on my Typhon 3S today swapping pinions. Put it all back together and it was locked hard. Tire it back down and suspected the motor bearings were shot. Took the back cab off and found this floating inside:

076CDB83-5EA5-48A2-9829-3C54F88893BF.jpeg

Seems to be a piece of the wire grommet. Pulled that out,broke the motor down all the way and inspected the bearings, which were still smooth, put it all back together and everything is now back to normal.

Wow, almost better in the sense it didn't move at all and let you find it. Rather then it be out of the way starting your session and then shift into a spinning motor.... Whew!

I have not torn into my motor yet...was that part supposed to be in there or just something the manufacturer tossed in as a bonus!
It’s a chunk of the plastic/rubber grommet that holds the motor wires. It must have broken off the bigger block.

Was wrenching on my Typhon 3S today swapping pinions. Put it all back together and it was locked hard. Tire it back down and suspected the motor bearings were shot. Took the back cab off and found this floating inside:

View attachment 50297

Seems to be a piece of the wire grommet. Pulled that out,broke the motor down all the way and inspected the bearings, which were still smooth, put it all back together and everything is now back to normal.
Same thing happened to my stock motor apparently its a little piece who comes out from thw wires from the inside
IMG_0409.JPG

It’s a chunk of the plastic/rubber grommet that holds the motor wires. It must have broken off the bigger block.
Good to know, you know, in case I end up with a 3s Typhon?????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back