FPV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewSensei

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
Is there a budget FPV system that's decent? I've been wanting to try it out but I don't have several hundred dollars to drop on goggles and a camera. Would love to see what it's like on board my Senton FPV!
Thought about getting one of these and sacrificing it, seen a lot of videos praising this thing's image quality for price...

https://www.amazon.com/EMAX-Interce...2-fkmr1#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div

Any cheap fpv is going to be crap. Especially if you want to record it as well.. fat shark has good entry level stuff

Don't really care about recording. I just want the experience, not even sure if I'd run it very often, want to find an affordable "test" platform...if that makes sense...

I have tons of fpv gear because I fly miniquads as well. I also have the Emax interceptor and it's a fun little toy. The Emax you linked is only the car and transmitter, no goggles so you'd have to get goggles or a handheld video screen receiver.

But if you want something you can slap on anything easily this seems to be a good option. Benefits are self contained unit that is 5v powered so it can be powered by any standard receiver, no hassle with separate battery or soldering extra power leads.

Spotter V2 Micro FPV AIO Camera 5.8G with OSD Integrated Mic
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078PK98HC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ibosEbVK0Z6CX

While fpv for cars is fun I don't usually like wearing goggles or carrying a larger screen around so what I do have is a fpv receiver watch that I've modified by removing the watch band and mounted on my transmitter with some 3D printed parts I designed. I like this because I can glance down at it when I want like when the car is far away or I lose sight of it but not be stuck with goggles on my face or carrying a separate screen.
20200215_222857.jpg

Also, I am waiting for this to arrive. Turns your phone into the receiver. Once I get it I will mount a normal cell phone holder on the back of my Flysky transmitter and replace the fpv watch screen so power wise lasts longer, better picture, and can record.
Screenshot_20200215-224309_Banggood.jpg

Last edited:
I have tons of fpv gear because I fly miniquads as well. I also have the Emax interceptor and it's a fun little toy. The Emax you linked is only the car and transmitter, no goggles so you'd have to get goggles or a handheld video screen receiver.

But if you want something you can slap on anything easily this seems to be a good option. Benefits are self contained unit that is 5v powered so it can be powered by any standard receiver, no hassle with separate battery or soldering extra power leads.

Spotter V2 Micro FPV AIO Camera 5.8G with OSD Integrated Mic
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078PK98HC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ibosEbVK0Z6CX

While fpv for cars is fun I don't usually like wearing goggles or carrying a larger screen around so what I do have is a fpv receiver watch that I've modified by removing the watch band and mounted on my transmitter with some 3D printed parts I designed. I like this because I can glance down at it when I want like when the car is far away or I lose sight of it but not be stuck with goggles on my face or carrying a separate screen.
View attachment 65644

Also, I am waiting for this to arrive. Turns your phone into the receiver. Once I get it I will mount a normal cell phone holder on the back of my Flysky transmitter and replace the fpv watch screen so power wise lasts longer, better picture, and can record.
View attachment 65645
That is friggin genius.

So my android phone fpv receiver comes in tomorrow so tonight I played around with options on mounting my phone to my radio. So I had a big box of misc. GoPro mounting parts as well as a bunch of standard 1/4" camera mount parts and with some double sided sticky tape I managed to cobble together a way to mount not only my phone, but even my 7" FPV receiver/screen combo. Sturdy and all easily removable and I can still mount my neck strap.

Just thought I'd share ?

20200220_002816.jpg

20200220_002843.jpg

20200220_003255.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back