FPVMiller's Kraton6S Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpvmiller

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Figured I would do a proper build log on my kraton6s.

I got my kraton6s BNIB on 30 March 2020. I basically walked into my LHS and grabbed it off the shelf. Ran it stock uneventful for a good amount of packs. I was working on my granite at the time so this was my basher and I kept it running.
kr6s_1.jpg

kraton6s_new.jpeg

After the first run
kr6s_3.jpg

kr6s_4.jpg

kr6s_5.jpg

Once I finished my granite build I turned to my kraton6s. Around this time mail delivery started getting really backed up so parts were trickling in.

The first things I had on-hand to install were:
Hot racing bulkheads f/r
Arrma metal diff cases f/c/r
PPS adjustable motor mount
Hot racing steering servo mount
Hot racing fixed servo link
Hot racing aluminum steering blocks and rear hubs
Hot racing aluminum steering post and servo saver

hr_servo_mount.jpg

hub_front.jpg

hub_rear.jpg

diff_1.jpg

diff_2.jpg

diff_3.jpg

diff_4.jpg

diff_5.jpg

bulkhead.jpg

Got some tips that the aluminum braces should have been on the top of list from the get go so I ordered those up next. Because I was planning my infraction build at the same time I ordered parts for that as well and I think that's what added to my holdup. I mounted my motor and esc at the same time I installed the braces.
motor_esc1.jpg

motor_esc2.jpg

front_brace.jpg

rear_brace.jpg

It took a while for some other parts to come in. The next one delivered were my hot racing center diff sections. I was waiting for my pps center section so I grabbed the hr stuff as a fill in.
hr_center1.jpg

hr_center2.jpg

hr_center3.jpg

hr_center4.jpg

hr_center5.jpg

Waiting on parts I forgot about the build randomly. One day I was looking at it and noticed my shocks were canted a bit. Turns out there's some slop in the stock pivot balls. I 3D printed some half bushings out of TPU and it got all that slop out.
shock_slop1.jpg

shock_slop2.jpg

shock_slop3.jpg

Then my pps center section items showed up. Because I wanted to retain the kraton6s roll cage support I kept the HR center section and used the pps motor mount and pps front diff carrier. Looks nice too with the color offset.
pps_hr1.jpg

pps_hr2.jpg

Time to start wiring once the last of the bits arrived. Yeah racing aluminum tornado fans for the yeah racing heatsink.
ec5_tin.jpg

negative_tin.jpg

negative_lead.jpg

negative_lead2.jpg

positive_ec5.jpg

ec5_complete.jpg

Then soldered the esc and motor. Most people use bullets (nothing wrong with that) but my drone experience keeps me soldering direct to the motors.
motor_leads.jpg

motor_leads_covered.jpg

And getting all back in.
esc_motor_mounted.jpg

esc_motor_mounted2.jpg

And here's the fans wired to the esc fan port.
fan_connection.jpg

A couple of notes on the last image. I could only mount the fans in the position they are in due to the motor really being mountable in the position it is in. I could not rotate the motor without the phase leads touching something it shouldn't. Then the heatsink got close to the roll cage support bracket. It was interesting to say the least. You might also notice that I have a DS3225 servo on there. I tested three other servos and settled on the DS3225 because this version was the one that was 7.4V capable. The 6V versions just didn't seem to really be worth it (even at $30ish for each).

It's practically done now. I just need to figure out which wheel to use for the maiden.
which_wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back