Kraton Franken speed build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ty I see.
I want a TP 4050 with a MM8X. I thought you were more concerned with frying the MMX8X??:LOL:
I know TP's are a Delta wind. I am pretty sure the HW sensored are Wye. Last I checked. At least ,my Zerun sensored 4274 2250kv is Wye for sure.. Use on my Lim. But run that on a HW XR8 now. 6s
Which TP do you have? What kv? Is it a CM? Custom built version?
It has been said that TP's are least efficient out of all the very $High$ End motors, but doesn't matter for most considering the price? Or they are amp hogs compared to the rest? Are you familiar with that? I figured maybe that's why the possible issue with the MMX8S aside from the wind type. I don't like running higher than 2250'ish kv's in general above 6S. But many say the TP's can run well over 60k rpms easily all day, with good fans.
Was concerned I was gonna reenact Kevin Talbot's YT vid 😂

The HW 4274 motor I have is the sensorless model, wonder if it's wye too?

The TP motor I have is the custom built motor. 4050cm 2300kv, shows 250max amps and 80K rpm!

From what I have seen the fires are completely un-related to the software and motor choice. The fires really only occur with the XLX-2 and was due to the circuit boards shorting into the metal case below. This was due to the assembly plant/people not using enough thermally conductive epoxy to electrically isolate the board from the case. I honestly don't believe the software update will solve those scenarios at all.

Plenty of people running the MMX8s with big motors and high KV. I consistently run my TP 4050 3840kv D-wind with an MMX8s beyond 400 amps ;)

From what I have seen the fires are completely un-related to the software and motor choice. The fires really only occur with the XLX-2 and was due to the circuit boards shorting into the metal case below. This was due to the assembly plant/people not using enough thermally conductive epoxy to electrically isolate the board from the case. I honestly don't believe the software update will solve those scenarios at all.

Plenty of people running the MMX8s with big motors and high KV. I consistently run my TP 4050 3840kv D-wind with an MMX8s beyond 400 amps ;)
Good to know thanks! I've only seen and read about the XLX-2 issues. Maybe others have had issues with the MMX8S I'm not aware of.

This is my first Castle ESC. Tested it in the garage last night and nothing strange happened. Gonna run a pack thru it today after work and see how it does.

Maybe in the future I can use this ESC in the new 8S Kraton EXB roller!?! 😍

Was concerned I was gonna reenact Kevin Talbot's YT vid 😂

The HW 4274 motor I have is the sensorless model, wonder if it's wye too?

The TP motor I have is the custom built motor. 4050cm 2300kv, shows 250max amps and 80K rpm!
Nice Cm TP. 80k rpms's?:) Dam....
I want it.

Have not heard of any problems with the spektrum set up and you can check your temps as you run.

Well my test run was going pretty good until I went into a skid trying to brake. Think I went about 20 or 30ft until I hit a metal basket in the work parking lot 🤦🏻‍♂️

Unfortunately I don't know how fast I went. Bent the front tower and front shocks are probably trashed. Need to find an open road with no traffic.

On a positive note, beat my buddies rc cars with our nitro to electric conversion cars lol! Went 62mph on my 3S car

IMG_20210224_193945_223.jpg

IMG_20210224_194032_689.jpg

IMG_20210224_200129.jpg

Thanks for the input! I was reading it as well on the page but else did not hear anything about it, so should be fine!

Thanks for the input! I was reading it as well on the page but else did not hear anything about it, so should be fine!
Let us know otherwise haha! I'll probably try the TP motor since the info @LibertyMKiii gave.

Got a Talion front tower coming in tomorrow to match the rear tower. Might be able to lower the body some more with the Talion tower.

Don't want to order Limitless shocks since I want to convert this rig into a buggy basher after I achieve 100mph. Need to measure shock length once the tower is on

Ok a few updates on this rig. Threw on a Mojave front tower and Talion front shocks. Noticed there was a spacer in the shaft? All my other Arrma shocks don't have that spacer.

Decided to put a Tbone racing bumper and got my skyrc gnss inside an airpod case. Has a nice D-ring on it where I can velcro or ziptie it. I'll add some foam inside to help keep it bouncing around inside.

Gotta fix those front end holes and find a good smooth area to run it. Haven't had a chance yet to see how it does.

IMG_20210314_173708_968.jpg

IMG_20210314_173653_731.jpg

IMG_20210315_132218_182.jpg

IMG_20210315_132323_843.jpg

Well i decided to change my speed run build into a buggy. Wonder if this is considered a 1/7 scale or a true 1/8 😂 Maybe in the future I'll revert it back to a speed runner.

Threw on some Kraton hubs and a limitless body. Also changed the wing to a Talion wing, might buy a Kraton wing for more width for proportion.

Have some typhon Katars on but feel like they look too small. Thinking of buying some belted badlands mx28 hp for it.

Hopefully it'll be enough offset on the wheels to make it look a little wider. If not, then I'll order some Mojave arms and axles 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_20210329_202309_718.jpg

IMG_20210328_200143_309.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back