Talion Frequent ESC Fan blade breakage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
I'm not sure if it's typical or if my buddy just has bad luck. He's going to soon be on his 4th esc fan due to the blades snapping off. We don't really drive anywhere where there is debris/rocks that would get into it and break the blades. But yet they keep busting off.

I don't get nearly as much air as he does due to me having a brushless revo, savage flux and stampede 4x4vxl. I can jump and am fairly comfortable with ~8 feet or so under the truck, but I don't go more than that. His can sometimes get 15-20 feet under it and take the landing in stride due to the design of a truggy. The chassis takes the brunt of the impact. If I did that with mine, the chassis's would snap or I'd bust shocks constantly.

I don't know if it's the slapping of the chassis causing the blades to flex and hit stuff or if the blades are just that brittle. Was curious if anyone else had to constantly replace esc fans. Or, is there a fix of some sort you can do to help it last longer. I was thinking of maybe covering it with some mesh to make sure nothing is getting in the blades and possibly adding some double sided tape on all 4 corners to try and add a bit of cushion.

Having to replace one once in a while is somewhat expected, but having to replace 3 or 4 in a month or two seems a bit excessive.

I'm not sure if it's typical or if my buddy just has bad luck. He's going to soon be on his 4th esc fan due to the blades snapping off. We don't really drive anywhere where there is debris/rocks that would get into it and break the blades. But yet they keep busting off.

I don't get nearly as much air as he does due to me having a brushless revo, savage flux and stampede 4x4vxl. I can jump and am fairly comfortable with ~8 feet or so under the truck, but I don't go more than that. His can sometimes get 15-20 feet under it and take the landing in stride due to the design of a truggy. The chassis takes the brunt of the impact. If I did that with mine, the chassis's would snap or I'd bust shocks constantly.

I don't know if it's the slapping of the chassis causing the blades to flex and hit stuff or if the blades are just that brittle. Was curious if anyone else had to constantly replace esc fans. Or, is there a fix of some sort you can do to help it last longer. I was thinking of maybe covering it with some mesh to make sure nothing is getting in the blades and possibly adding some double sided tape on all 4 corners to try and add a bit of cushion.

Having to replace one once in a while is somewhat expected, but having to replace 3 or 4 in a month or two seems a bit excessive.

It's from the landing. Like you said, put double sided foam tape under it or try buying a different brand that's the same size.

Just had one break today out of nowhere. was on flat ground running fine then suddenly noticed a buzzing sound coming from it. On a Kraton V3 though.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back