Fresh Outcast Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude, love the color! Nice work.

When painting with rattle cans I’ve had the swirling problem too, for me... it was the metal flakes getting almost stuck together ?? ??‍♂️ The only way I was able to make the those go away was to make sure my van was warm and crazy well shaken. I use a blow dryer to get the can warm prior to painting. Also, I have like a box or some scrap cardboard handy to kind make sure my stream is steady before applying to the body. I think the key was to get the paint good n warm.. (not hot lol)
I usually have a bowl of hot water that I keep the cans standing in. I try to shake for at least a min and prime the nozzle each coat too. I’m pretty sure I just need to wait more than 30mins between metallic coats. I haven’t had the issue with flat paints.

dude, love the color! Nice work.

When painting with rattle cans I’ve had the swirling problem too, for me... it was the metal flakes getting almost stuck together ?? ??‍♂️ The only way I was able to make the those go away was to make sure my van was warm and crazy well shaken. I use a blow dryer to get the can warm prior to painting. Also, I have like a box or some scrap cardboard handy to kind make sure my stream is steady before applying to the body. I think the key was to get the paint good n warm.. (not hot lol)
I have never painted a rc body, but this advice sounds reasonable. I have used plastidip (i realize this is not the same as paint) on my real car and all the vids i watched talked about having the can sitting in a bucket of hot/warm water for a bit before using, and also doing the initial spray on cardboard or something to kinda clear out the nozzle to get a good uniform spray before hitting the thing you are looking to paint. It seems like this technique would crossover

Nice! Love to see it mounted though.
here you go!

IMG_1867.JPEG
IMG_1868.JPEG
IMG_1869.JPEG
IMG_1870.JPEG
IMG_1871.JPEG
IMG_1872.JPEG

@jondilly1974 I just taped it. I tried to liquid maak and cut on the Kraton I did a couple of weeks ago but I absolutely have the worst hands lol... i may as well get Michael Meyers to cut the s*** lol
I don't have a good touch, the Kraton bed was a nightmare

Only pics I have of me prepping it

View attachment 107694

View attachment 107695
Man all that work, I’d be scared to take that beauty out the house! ? Nice work!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back