Kraton From all the arrma vehicles which one has the longest center drive axel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limitless v1 / Infraction V1 /Felony

ARA310942 - DOGBONE 168mm (1pc) (limitless / felony / Infraction V1)
ARA310952 DOGBONE 157mm (1pc) center (Mojave)
ARA310952 - DOGBONE 157mm (1pc) center front (Fire Team)
AR310460 - DOGBONE 135mm (1pc) (Kraton 6s)

Limitless v1 / Infraction V1 /Felony

ARA310942 - DOGBONE 168mm (1pc) (limitless / felony / Infraction V1)
ARA310952 DOGBONE 157mm (1pc) center (Mojave)
ARA310952 - DOGBONE 157mm (1pc) center front (Fire Team)
AR310460 - DOGBONE 135mm (1pc) (Kraton 6s)
Thanks liberty.so is there a reason why arrma has not made anything longer than the limitless? Is it because if the center drive axel gets to long then it causes issues with stability?and another question.what issues would I have if I used 2 168mm dog bones? Looking at the chart you provided the 168mm is the longest so using 2 of them would give me the longest possible.correct? I'm seriously thinking of chopping my big rocks chassis in half and adding a aluminum plate to the middle and then adding supports and a few braces.just not happy with the length of this truck.im a speed runner not a basher .and even the limitless is a few inches short to my liking.my vision is to see the BR longer .idk maybey I'm thinking crazy and I'm over stepping the boundaries but in the RC world there are no boundaries.if there was then we all would be playing with radio shack toys.

Thanks liberty.so is there a reason why arrma has not made anything longer than the limitless? Is it because if the center drive axel gets to long then it causes issues with stability?and another question.what issues would I have if I used 2 168mm dog bones? Looking at the chart you provided the 168mm is the longest so using 2 of them would give me the longest possible.correct? I'm seriously thinking of chopping my big rocks chassis in half and adding a aluminum plate to the middle and then adding supports and a few braces.just not happy with the length of this truck.im a speed runner not a basher .and even the limitless is a few inches short to my liking.my vision is to see the BR longer .idk maybey I'm thinking crazy and I'm over stepping the boundaries but in the RC world there are no boundaries.if there was then we all would be playing with radio shack toys.
Personally, I think the Limitless/Infraction is plenty long but, that's just me. YMMV. As you said, there are no rules to what you can and can't do (though physical limitations and just plain physics to restrain you) but if you really want length, take a snowboard, hack two cars in half and make a dual motor sausage :) 98mph off-road is pretty impressive.

So each dog bone is 6.614 inches and adding maybe another 2 inches of the center diff rough estimate that center drive axle should be about 15 inches and some.thats pretty long.with a shaft that long plus give maybey another 5 or so inches to the front and rear assembly this should bring my build near 30 inches.and maybey the body cover might even make it look longer .Diem I saw that vid a few weeks ago and actually today I was thinking of watching it again .lol you read my mind.but making something this long around the 30" mark would I be sacrificing any thing ? Like stability ? Would it be sloppy while doing speed passes.if I get it as low as possible and make it really aerodynamic.what issues would I get? Questions I can't answer.

So each dog bone is 6.614 inches and adding maybe another 2 inches of the center diff rough estimate that center drive axle should be about 15 inches and some.thats pretty long.with a shaft that long plus give maybey another 5 or so inches to the front and rear assembly this should bring my build near 30 inches.and maybey the body cover might even make it look longer .Diem I saw that vid a few weeks ago and actually today I was thinking of watching it again .lol you read my mind.but making something this long around the 30" mark would I be sacrificing any thing ? Like stability ? Would it be sloppy while doing speed passes.if I get it as low as possible and make it really aerodynamic.what issues would I get? Questions I can't answer.
That video just came out today :)

Difficult to say. You're kind of in uncharted territory when making custom stuff like that.

Personally, I think the Limitless/Infraction is plenty long but, that's just me. YMMV. As you said, there are no rules to what you can and can't do (though physical limitations and just plain physics to restrain you) but if you really want length, take a snowboard, hack two cars in half and make a dual motor sausage :) 98mph off-road is pretty impressive.
Yes you are right.98 is very very impressive on that build.id be happy if I could get that on my BR.lol thanks for the vid bud👍

Problem with the limitless long dogbones is that they like to wobble or bend under heavy loads. Perfect pass carbon shafts would be one solution or a custom center spool setup.

My "Unlimited" build was the first and possibly only stretched limitless using 2 long dog bones.

That is a tp4070 in there with tons of room to spare. (Built this car as the limitless was being released)

20200228_095121.jpg

20200228_095037.jpg

More surface area the more aero drag. Some times referred to as wetted area as computational fluid dynamics is often used in aerodynamics.
Ultra long cars will have more drag. One key would be to find ways to make it more narrow. (Hint belt drive is key) check my current 200+ build.

Problem with the limitless long dogbones is that they like to wobble or bend under heavy loads. Perfect pass carbon shafts would be one solution or a custom center spool setup.

My "Unlimited" build was the first and possibly only stretched limitless using 2 long dog bones.

That is a tp4070 in there with tons of room to spare. (Built this car as the limitless was being released)

View attachment 246177

View attachment 246178

More surface area the more aero drag. Some times referred to as wetted area as computational fluid dynamics is often used in aerodynamics.
Ultra long cars will have more drag. One key would be to find ways to make it more narrow. (Hint belt drive is key) check my current 200+ build.
Wow that's a sweet rig .wow.awesome job🤟👍

View attachment 246177

View attachment 246178

Hey I have a old baby bath tub that I can flip over and make a cover almost like yours and slam that on the BR👍😆🤟

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/xxl-granite-vorteks-typhon-thing.40796/

Check mine out that I built, which is exactly your thought process it seems lol.

Limitless dog bones will be very difficult because you will have to figure out how to use drive cups and fit a center diff. I used 2 of the LWB plastic shafts and connected them with the little red piece that connects it normally to the slipper

View attachment 246177

View attachment 246178

Looking at your cover I can almost replicate it by using one of my v hull speed boats and flipping it up side down 👍I think this will work magically 😆😆😆😆👍👍
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/xxl-granite-vorteks-typhon-thing.40796/

Check mine out that I built, which is exactly your thought process it seems lol.

Limitless dog bones will be very difficult because you will have to figure out how to use drive cups and fit a center diff. I used 2 of the LWB plastic shafts and connected them with the little red piece that connects it normally to the slipper
Using 2 shafts and connecting them with that red spline is Genius..your a Genius I say.. exactly what you said now I don't have to use dog bones and figure out how to use drive cups because big rock has no cups to start with.i would need to install some to work correctly.but seeing how you did it is magical 🥳🥳🥳🥳time to celebrate.and now proceed with my build 👍👍👍thank you thank you
When I'm done with this build I will add your name with a special thanks for the help and ideas you shared with me 👍👍👍

Last edited:
Looking at your cover I can almost replicate it by using one of my v hull speed boats and flipping it up side down 👍I think this will work magically 😆😆😆😆👍👍

Using 2 shafts and connecting them with that red spline is Genius..your a Genius I say.. exactly what you said now I don't have to use dog bones and figure out how to use drive cups because big rock has no cups to start with.i would need to install some to work correctly.but seeing how you did it is magical 🥳🥳🥳🥳time to celebrate.and now proceed with my build 👍👍👍thank you thank you
When I'm done with this build I will add your name with a special thanks for the help and ideas you shared with me 👍👍👍
Oh and make sure you don't delete your profile from this forum so I can ask you future questions.because I'm sure when I get to the nitty gritty I'll need some assistance 👍👍

Oh and make sure you don't delete your profile from this forum so I can ask you future questions.because I'm sure when I get to the nitty gritty I'll need some assistance 👍👍
Oh I am not going anywhere. This site will have to shut down for me to leave 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back