Typhon Front and rear alignment from the factory?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eeluk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Am I to assume they know what they’re doing at the factory and my new Typhon does better with toe-out front and toe-in rear?

I just ran it for the first time. In the snow. It’s insane. You guys were right about RC cars!

Are the rear wheels adjustable for toe?

my kraton v5 was out at front just turned turn buckle till it looked straight

I adjusted my Typhon S6 V5 to 0 degrees toe in the front (better to have toe-out than toe-in in the front)

I adjusted my front camber to -1 degree

My rear toe needs some adjustment but I don't think that is possible

Yeah. After I cleaned off all the dirt and snow I looked at the rear suspension. I don’t know how the rear toe could be adjusted without some heavy modifications. Not sure it really matters on grass or dirt. In theory it would be bad for tire wear on pavement.

Yeah. After I cleaned off all the dirt and snow I looked at the rear suspension. I don’t know how the rear toe could be adjusted without some heavy modifications. Not sure it really matters on grass or dirt. In theory it would be bad for tire wear on pavement.
Yes, my main concern is tire wear on pavement, I run 50/50 dirt/pavement and I'm getting uneven wear on my rear street tires but it tracks well enough

Still on my first set of street tires so I will see how it goes before I mess with it

No pictures at this time but I did place a tape on it and I have about 10mm toe-in on the rear tires, much more noticeable to the naked eye with my street tires on

After aligning the front wheels to be parallel, the car isn’t as stable as it was before. I’m going to toe it out a bit.

Upon further research, I stumbled onto this:

“1. Front toe out is a common setting for 4 wheel drive RC cars - aprox 1 degree per side
2. Rear toe in is also common - typically 2.5 - 3 degrees per side”

After looking at tons of photos of cars, it is obvious Arrma designs the rear suspension this way, but oddly it seems the rear right has more toe in that the rear left side.

I don't have a large enough digital caliber to check the exact toe but my car now runs straight as an arrow, low and high speed, I'm very close to 0 or 1 degree out
It took 4 or 5 runs to dial them in
I adjusted my camber before adjusting my toe

After measuring several times/places, my rear toe-in is very similar on both rear wheels although it does not look like that to the naked eye
(did not measure rear toe in relationship to the front suspension, more work than I want to put into it at this time)

The easiest way that I can see to change the toe-in angle on the rear is to change the front-rear suspension mount holes, I have ordered a EXB ARA330186 mount and will check to see if there is difference when I get it on Monday (guessing they will be the same)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back