Kraton Front and rear cvd shafts are the same size??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddytrex

Reaction score
So I went to change my cvd shafts since one broke. I ordered a couple of pairs since I've been breaking these left and right. I opened the package and compared them to the stock shafts on the truck. As you can see by the pictures they are almost twice as long. I went online to see if I had the right part# and as you can see by the other picture the part numbers are correct. However when you measure the shafts they are exactly are exactly the same front and back. I opened two other packages to check and see if they were miss labeled and they were the same. Even though they have different part numbers. Are they the same size or did I just get a batch of miss labeled parts. Also are the replacements supposed to be longer to help prevent them from popping out? I'm so confused now lol.

20201031_184807.jpg

20201031_184845.jpg

Are you sure you have Kraton driveshafts already? Was this a 3S conversion?

That’s rather strange. Can you take the stock one off the diff and set it next to the new one side by side and take a pic?

On a side note, and for my own research, are the stock driveshafts for the 3s and 4s cars actually called universal joint drivesahfts? And CVD driveshafts are actually a different design, like a ball joint?

On a side note, and for my own research, are the stock driveshafts for the 3s and 4s cars actually called universal joint drivesahfts? And CVD driveshafts are actually a different design, like a ball joint?
From my knowledge stock ones are called cvd driveshafts and the metal ones are called cvd sliders. Obviously they are a different part number and are double the price.

Maybe just a running update.

From my knowledge stock ones are called cvd driveshafts and the metal ones are called cvd sliders. Obviously they are a different part number and are double the price.
No the stock ones are not CVDs. The CVDs are an option upgrade part. The stock ones use a yoke based u-joint.

My outcast uses the same size front and rear. My advice is if your burning through the stock ones is to upgrade to the new cvds. There great and I’ve had no issues since I installed them.

Well I put it on. It was a little snug to get in. Once it was in though it seemed fine. I compress the shock all the way up and all the way down. I didn't see anything touching. It had the same amount of movement as the other side.
Maybe just a running update.
Possibly. I ran it over the weekend at the local track. Had no issues aside from the wheel coming off the shafts. Luckily I was able to find the bearing, put it back together and kept going.

Back